Chapter Twenty

Hello everyone!

Yes I got my computer back, finally! :D So I thought I'd update right away, the chapter is a little shorter than usual but I really really wanted to ended it where I did. It's just the right moment in the story ;)

Another question: I've been thinking about changing the title of the story because this isn't just about a student/teacher relationship. As you'll see in the following chapters a lot more will happen that's not really related to that. 

I've been thinking about the title Thicker than Blood. (Because so much is about Amelia and Hayden's heritage.) Let me know what you think. ^^

One more thing before you can go on to read the chapter!

Thank you all for fanning and voting! More then 200 fans now... I want to thank you all personally and reply to everyone who commented but I'm afraid I just wont have the time for it so you'll have to excuse me. ;)

Lots of love,

Robin

---------------------------------------------------

Tic...

Tac...

Tic...

Tac...

Tic...

'Mom?' my voice quivered when I spoke. Auburn curls plastered to my scalp and my white summer dress clung wetly to my tiny ten year old body. I had run home straight through the pouring rain because I wanted to make sure mommy was alright.

Mommy hadn't been herself lately... Ever since the bad man had visited, the man that made her cry and hurt her.

I stepped softly into the white airy bedroom with the long beautiful drapes around the bed. Mom said they made her feel like an Arabian princess, like Scheherazade.

My toes sunk into the soft white carpet as I padded across the room to the bed. I'd already spotted the dark shape lying partially underneath the duvet and I knew it was mom. Her hair normally golden and glowing now a tangled mess across the pillow.

'Mom? Are you awake?' tentatively I reached out and pulled aside the white gauzy curtain.

Just as I reached out to touch my mother she stirred, muttering in her sleep. A sleep riddled with nightmares by the painful expression on her angelic face.

'No, you have to leave!' she suddenly screamed. She sat up in bed so fast that our heads nearly collided.

'But mommy...' I started confused but her eyes weren't focused on me but something in the far distance.

'Leave?' I asked, reaching out to touch her shoulder. My hand tiny and pale, trembling because I was cold from the rain, water dripping down from my dress to pool around my ankles on the carpet.

Moms shoulder was cold and wet too but it was wet from cold sweat.

'You have to leave! Amy is coming home soon. I know you want nothing from her, come back tonight! Just not my baby... Please?' my mom was pleading to someone unseen now.

My ten year old mine didn't understand... I was already here, what was she talking about?

'No!' A single anguished scream tore from her chest and then she was saying in a rush: 'I already gave you a child! It's not my fault she doesn't have the gene!'

At that moment the fog of confusion lifted from my own mind and I realized she was reliving the moment in the kitchen. The moment just before I came home and found that...that Demon. The day my mom's light had gone out.