prologue

Lily nervously walked up the front steps towards the door of Ethan's house; she was glad to see the familiar building, that had been like a second home to her, after two years of being away. The two (along with Benny) had been best friends when they were younger, until a certain type of 'magic' had come to Lily's attention, and a boarding school was her mother's solution. As she stood at the front steps of his house, she debated telling the two boys the truth as to why she left. Deciding it was probably better not to, since the consequences could be terrible, she knocked on the door, her hand trembling.

What if they find out what I am?

Would they still want to be friends with me?

Before she could dive any deeper into her thoughts, the door swung open and Ethan stood at the entrance, grinning at his best friend, pulling her into a hug.

"Hey E! Who was at the..." Benny started, stopping as he saw Lily at the door. It was like she hadn't changed, she had the same dark hair, and the same beautiful eyes, that would always make him weak at the knees. Although she still looked like his best friend, Benny knew something was different. He ignored this nagging thought, and stumbled towards her, hugging her after Ethan pulled away.   

"Long time no see, Lily,"