thirty-one

The boys slowly walked towards Ethan's bedroom door, they were wearing different hats, and had some sort of silly weapon in their hand.

Rory pushed open the door, and the boys quickly looked around the room, Rory then opened the closet to see Jane, clutching her teddy bear and pointing to the corner of the room, where the boys saw Lily, unconscious.

They heard typing and turned their heads to see Sarah on Ethan's computer, "What's it doing?" Benny whispered.

"Changing my status," Ethan replied, "To 'jamming with my babysitter in my 'star trek' jammies'!"

"Ha! Burn!" Rory laughed, as Sarah turned around.

She yelled at them and the closet door slammed shut, "Okay, we're not leaving, until you give me my sister back!" Ethan stated.

"Yeah, and my girlfriend!" Benny added.

Sarah glared at them for a second, before squirting green goo from her mouth all over them, the boys screamed before running away, the door slamming shut behind them.

"What is this stuff?" Rory asked, wiping it off his arm.

"I don't know," Benny replied, "I feel so dirty,"

"No way," Ethan exclaimed, "It's ectoplasm, the physical manifestation of paranormal energy!"

Rory and Benny both turned to each other, "Cool!"

"Check this out," Benny said afterwards, getting out his phone, "It's an EMF app that I rigged to detect paranormal activity, these are some high readings here, well, I'll be leaving,"

Benny tried to leave but Rory and Ethan stopped him, "You wanna save Lily, don't you?"

Benny sighed, "Yes,"

"Okay," Ethan started, "We have to think this through, what would the ghostbusters do?"

"Well, they use streams of lightning plasma to suck the ghost into their containment boxes," Benny replied.

"Do we have any of that stuff?" Rory asked.

"No," Ethan sighed, "All we have that sucks is a vacuum,"

Benny shrugged, "My dad has a leaf blower that we could kick into reverse, there's nothing strong enough to hold a spirit as nasty as this though,"

"Well, there is one thing I know of that can suck up spirits and hold them,"

--

"The 'cubile animus'," Benny said, as Ethan started digging, "Seriously? This is a really bad idea! I mean, if a séance was bad, this is a seriously, majorly messed up bad idea!"

Ethan stopped digging, "A demon has your girlfriend trapped in my room, do you want to save her?"

Benny sighed, "But with the 'cubile animus'? Really?"

A chair then fell from Ethan's bedroom window, along with some of his other possessions, "My lucky board cube! Oh, c'mon, my star projector! That was a gift! She better not throw my limited-edition heckbots superflyer!"

The three continued to dig, before Benny picked up the 'cubile animus' from the ground, "Got it!"

Another object flew out the window and Ethan looked at it in horror, "Okay! Stop throwing my stuff!"

"Ethan, why did you just text me one of your baby photos?"

Ethan took Rory's phone, "Oh, c'mon!" he yelled, "She just emailed this to the entire school! Oh, that's it, this is on,"