thirty-six

"That car has been quiet for years," Ethan muttered, once they were sat at their desks, "so what's making it all road-raged now?"

"You got really freaked when you first sat in the car, right? Did you have a vision?" Lily asked, Ethan nodded, "Well then, maybe your psychic energy gave it a jumpstart, and the squirrel was its first snack, boom, vampire car lives again,"

Ethan's eyes lit up, "You're right!"

"Okay, but how do we stop a vampire possessed car? Cut off its headlights? Cover it in garlic?" Benny brainstormed.

"It's a car Benny, not a pizza," Ethan frowned.

"Fine, we cover it in hot cheese first-"

"No, the car isn't the problem, the vampire possessing it is," Ethan explained, "Have you got a spell to cast it out?"

Benny shrugged, "Is my name 'Benny the Magic Man Mephistopheles'?"

Ethan awkwardly chuckled, "I was actually talking to Lily, and, uh, no, that's not your name,"

"It will be, someday,"

The bell rang and Ethan nodded, "Okay, let's go evict a ghost," he said, as he put his books in his bag.

"E, maybe you should stay here," Lily said, "I mean, everyone still thinks you're hurting people with that car,"

"True, and if it runs Benny over next, I shouldn't be anywhere near it,"

"Exactly," Benny said, before he frowned, "Wait, what? Why me?"

"No offence, but Lily isn't stupid enough to go near the actual car," Ethan put his hand on Benny's shoulder, "You can do it, magic man, and if you fail, do what I do: call Sarah for help,"

"What are you guys doing?" Lily asked, as she, Sarah, and Benny saw Erica and Rory by the car.

"Nothing," Erica stated.

"We're gonna get Ethan out of trouble by stealing his car," Rory replied, "It makes sense when Erica says it,"

Erica twirled a piece of her hair around her finger, "We were just trying to help out, and um, yeah, it was all Rory's idea,"

"Rory had an idea?" Sarah chuckled, "Why not blame space aliens? That would be more believable,"

Rory backed away from the car, "I knew it, stupid space aliens,"

"Okay, sorry vamps but this blood bank's about to get closed, alright?" Benny opened his spell book and pointed out the spell, Lily was about to say it, but Benny stopped her.

"Maybe I should do the spell and you should stand over there with Sarah, Erica, and Rory, you know, just in case the car does try to kill us,"

"Are you sure?" she asked, Benny nodded so she left him to stand by Sarah.

As he finished the spell, Benny put his thumbs up through the window to Ethan, who smiled.

The car then turned on by itself, and reversed out of the school parking lot, causing the teenagers to call after it, before blaming Benny.

"So now it's mad, evil, and hungry!" Sarah groaned.

--

"Oh man, Malcolm Bruner, Derek Malvern, and now Ronny Barenstrum, the car claimed its third victim," Ethan explained.

"Hey, remember how the car went through all those people in the Bruner family ages ago?" Lily asked, Ethan nodded, "Check out this family tree Benny and I found,"