ten

"First, we brew enough anti-potion to douse all those demons you created," Evelyn said, bitterly - they had all gone to Benny's to help his grandma create a potion to defeat the possessed animals.

"I only spilled a few drops where the dog was buried!" Benny protested.

"A few drops are far too much!" His grandma replied, adding something to the potion.

"But, why are they so evil?" Lily asked her.

"They reanimated the bodies but the souls have moved on and a body with no soul is a demon's playground," she shook her head in disappointment.

"Even if this brew works, how are we gonna track down all the undead critters?" Ethan asked.

Evelyn walked towards a shelf on the wall and took an object wrapped in cloth. She unwrapped it to reveal a flute, "Here, once the demons hear this enchanted flute they'll come running, but you better be ready," she warned them.

Benny took the flute and held it to his chest, "Don't worry grandma, I will not fail you!" he said as he stood up in triumph.

"Not you, Einstein! I need you and Lily here to help me with this brew," she snatched the flute from him and held it out to Ethan, "Ethan can do it, start at the site of the spill then work your way back here."

"Wait, tonight's dad's dinner with his new client, mom will kill me if I miss it," he said.

Benny sighed, "Well, if he can't do it, and me and Lily can't do it, then who's gonna play the stupid magic flute?"

His grandma thought for a moment, "What's your little blonde friend up to?" she asked.

Ethan and Benny grinned at each other, "She's right, this sounds like a job for-"

"vampire ninja,"

--

After spending some time brewing the potion, Benny and Lily met Ethan at his house, carrying some 'possessed animal fighting' water guns. They couldn't help but chuckle at the sweater vest Ethan was wearing. To Lily's surprise, Sarah was there as well, helping as a waitress.

"Alright, we are locked and loaded with anti-potion," Benny said.

"And Rory's on his way," Lily added.

"When he leads the critters back, we take position in your backyard and let 'em have it," Ethan grinned.

"Alright, and uh, sweater vest, can you tell the waitress I'll have a decaff triple mocha latte, no foam?" Benny smirked at Sarah and Ethan, whilst Lily chuckled at his remark.
Sarah didn't find it funny, however, and grabbed a pan to hit him with; Ethan held her arm back to stop her as his mom came in, "Ethan, I need you to come and meet our guest," she said, pushing him away, "Sarah, could you bring out the hors d'oeuvres now, please?"

"Yes, ma'am," Sarah replied, as she picked up a plate and followed her. Before Lily could stop him, Benny ran after them, and they saw Della and her family sat with the Morgans. Lily rolled her eyes, I don't get why he's suddenly so interested in her.

"Hey Della, did the dog come back?" Benny asked, he frowned as Della started crying.

Lily pulled Benny back towards the kitchen, "Way to make a girl fall in love with you," she laughed.

"What? Are you jealous?" he questioned, smirking.

"What! No I-"

"Hey guys," Rory said, as Ethan came into the kitchen.

"Rory! What did you do? How come I can still hear the music?" he asked.

"I had an inspiration! Why shred my primo lips when I could just record the tune and play it back on a loop? No flute required," he passed Benny the enchanted flute and grinned.

"So, where's the player?" Lily frowned.

"I landed on the roof to look for you guys, and there was this psycho squirrel, so I kinda dropped It down the chimney," he replied, she face palmed, which was something she tended to do a lot around Rory.

"The chimney?" Ethan sighed.

"Hey, relax, I know a way to get it back, when Santa comes-"

"Rory, shut up, you know the rules about plans involving Santa," Ethan groaned, "So now the music's in the house, which means..."
He stopped as they heard a scream from outside the kitchen. Ethan ran out to check on what was happening, whilst Benny handed Lily and Sarah a water gun each.

Suddenly, possessed animals piled in the kitchen, and Benny and Lily stood back to back attempting to shoot them. Ethan came back in and started shooting them with his water gun as well.

"It's like snow white and her little forest friends. The evil undead," Benny said, shooting some animals. Lily chuckled at his remark.

"Woah, this is not good," Ethan panicked from the doorway.

"This is awesome!" Rory replied, as he smelled one of the animals, "Try them with the clam sauce,"

"Ew, Rory," Lily muttered, shooting an animal by her foot.
She heard Ethan's dad enter the kitchen and Ethan tried to get him out, but she couldn't concentrate on what they were saying, as animals seemed to be appearing everywhere. Her eyes widened when she turned around to see a bunny on Benny's back. She quickly grabbed a pan next to her and hit it, making it fall near her feet.

"What was that for?" Benny frowned.

Lily shot the bunny with her water gun, "You almost got eaten alive by a possessed bunny," she explained, pointing to where the bunny had previously been.

Benny sighed in relief, "Oh, thanks,"

"No problem,"

"Okay," Ethan said, once all the animals appeared to be gone, "I told my mom I'd get the parmesan," he walked towards the cabinet and opened it, and puffles jumped out, growling as he bit into Ethan's hand. He screamed and hit the dog against the table. Eventually, Benny shot him and his collar fell into the sauce.

"Ew, his collar,"

Before any of them could remove it, Ethan's mom rushed in and grabbed the sauce. Her and Ethan fought over it until they spilled it on Della, who had just walked into the kitchen.

She looked at the collar in shock, "Puffles?"

"Yeah, that's him," Benny groaned, "Kinda," she ran away, crying, and Benny sighed, "I guess the plan failed,"

"To be honest, it wasn't a very good plan in the first place," Lily chuckled, then sighed when she saw Benny's disappointed face, "Ugh, I'm sorry you and Della didn't end up going out, do you wanna go and get some food? I'm starving,"

Benny smiled, "Sure," he let her walk out of the door before fist pumping the air, "Haha, score!" he put his thumbs up to Ethan who only sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Let's hope that's the last animal he raises from the dead,"