fifty

The three sat in Ethan's room, "Okay, this should work," Ethan muttered, as he placed a heavy book on his desk.

Both Lily and Benny frowned, "Dude, what are you doing?"

He ignored Benny, and instead said, "Okay, Lily, I need you to move this book," the teen shrugged and began to stand up, "No, not literally," Ethan sighed, "I mean, with magic,"

Lily rolled her eyes, "Ethan, I have no idea where to even start with that,"

"Please? just try,"

She hesitated, before closing her eyes, "Okay, uh, abracadabra?" they waited, nothing, "Accio book?" she opened her eyes in defeat, "I told you, I'm not a witch,"

Ethan sat on his desk chair, "There has to be a way to get your memory fully back so you can do this," he sighed, before his eyes lit up, "You two need to kiss,"

The two's faces turned to disgust, "What?"

"It works in movies!" Ethan reasoned, before leaning back in his chair, "Any other ideas?"

Benny leaned into Lily, "Maybe a kiss wouldn't be so bad,"

Lily immediately stood up, her cheeks rosy, "I'll just try again,"

She closed her eyes, for longer this time, but still, nothing happened, "Ugh, I'm so tired of this!" she yelled, flicking her hand. As she did, a purple bolt flew out of her fingers, and the book seemed to vanish, before re-appearing again, accept next to Lily's feet. She picked up the book in amazement, "I'm a witch! I'm actually a witch! I can't believe you were telling the truth,"

"This is so awesome!" Benny grinned, "You're a freaking jedi!"

"This is great!" Ethan exclaimed, standing up, "It means we have enough magic to face Stern, once and for all,"

He placed his hand out, and both Benny and Lily cringed, "Dude, you're not trying to do that thing where we all put our hands in, are you?"

Lily smiled sympathetically, "That is kinda cringe, Ethan,"

Ethan pulled his hand back, "I wasn't, I was just, uh, ya know, testing... something," he shrugged, "C'mon, let's go,"

"So, how do you know the Lucifractor is here?" Lily asked, as they stood on the grass outside what Lily assumed to be Stern's house.

"I can just - I don't know - it's like I can feel Sarah is here, and if she's here then the Lucifractor probably isn't far behind,"

The three walked up the hill of grass towards the large wooden door. The house was huge; there were three round windows just above the door, and the walls stood tall above the teens. They strolled in through the open door, and glanced around the large living room - it looked like the only source of light were the candles attached to every wall.

"Anyone else slightly creeped out by the fact the door was open?" Benny asked, hiding closley behind Lily.

"What I don't get is why you're hiding behind me," Lily muttered.

"Because you're a Jedi, duh,"

"C'mon guys it's this way," Ethan whispered.

They followed Ethan down a stone corridor, it seemed to get darker and darker, until they reached the end - a large room, with blood red carpet and wooden walls. In the middle of the room, stood the Lucifractor, glowing bright purple in front of them.

"There it is," Ethan grinned, "Sarah must be around here somewhere,"

Benny frowned, "Sarah? That was the, uh, babysitter, right? The one you told us about?" Ethan nodded, and Benny smirked, "He's totally got a thing for her," he whispered to Lily.

"Definitely," she replied.

Before they could talk anymore, footsteps echoed down the large corridor, "Someone's coming!"

They quickly scurried to find a hiding place - both Benny and Lily hid behind a desk, whilst Ethan hid in the corner of the room, behind a bookshelf.

"That must be him," Lily muttered, as a man in a black cloak walked into the room.

Benny looked at the teen next to him, "Are you scared?"

"Just a little,"

He weighed up the options in his head, before taking her hand in his, trying to give her sign that everything was going to be okay, without actually having to tell her. Lily smiled, and leaned into him a little.

The man glanced around, waited a couple seconds, and walked back out - the three waited for the footsteps to disappear before coming out of their hiding places.

"That was close," Ethan stated.

Lily raised her eyebrows, "Was that really vice principal Stern?"

Ethan nodded, whilst Benny sighed in relief, "Phew, would not wanna be on the wrong side of that guy,"

Their eyes widened as someone behind them cleared their throat, and they turned to see Stern, who smirked, "No, you wouldn't."

Sorry this is kind of a short chapter! There aren't many chapters left now though so I'm trying to spread them out.
Also, has anyone been watching Everything Sucks on Netflix? I'm so obsessed with it, like, I've honestly watched it eight times lmao
If you have seen the show, I'm thinking of writing a fan fiction for McQuaid? Idk, would anyone read it?
Anyways that's all. Hope you're having a good day! :)