nineteen

"That was the best day ever!" Ethan stated, as he, Benny, and Rory arrived home with lipstick marks all over their faces.

"We're like movie stars!" Rory added.

"More like rock stars!"

"Hello boys," Benny's grandma said, walking towards them.

"Grandma!" Benny quickly grabbed a box of sweets from the table, "Uh, sweets? For the best grandma ever, take two,"

"Drop it drake, I know what you've done,"
At first Benny shrugged, but then his grandma used some magic and he spilled the whole truth.

"I made a love potion and dropped it and now all the girls at school love us,"

"A love potion, the one on page 72?" she asked.

"You know it?" he chuckled, "Grandma rocked the potion too, is that how you bagged grandpa?"

Evelyn gently swung a yo-yo in front of the boys, "Here's the thing boys: nature is all about balance, Brainiac here upset the balance. You swung the pendulum all the way to goo-goo eyes and giggles,"

"So far so sweet," Benny smiled.

"But when the pendulum swings back," she continued, hitting Benny in the forehead with the yo-yo.

"Ow!"

"That's what I'm talking about: the more those girls loved you, the more they're gonna hate you, now, how strong was the potion?"

"Well, Sarah bought us matching cardigans," Ethan smiled.

"And Erica bought us matching bracelets," Rory beamed.

Benny's grandma nodded, "Yep, you're toast,"

"Please don't punish us again grandma," Benny pleaded.

"Oh, you'll get yours," she smirked.

Ethan shrugged, "C'mon, we're used to girls not liking us, what's the worst that could happen?"

After a scary encounter with some annoyed jocks, Evelyn left, leaving Benny, Ethan, and Rory stood in front of the door.

Suddenly, they heard someone storm through the back door , "Hey, I was in the neighbourhood, thought I might swing by!" A blonde girl yelled, as she tried to hit them with a baseball bat.

The three quickly ran outside to face three more girls, looking very angry.

"What are these girls? Like, ninjas or something?" Ethan panted.

"Oh, you don't recognise us from the yearbook, the martial arts club," one girl smirked.

Ethan grabbed Benny and shook him, "Benny! You potioned martial arts experts!" he shouted.

As the fourth girl with a baseball bat appeared behind them, Benny managed to make a run for it, with only two girls chasing after him.

Ethan and Rory also managed to escape, and joined Benny in hiding behind the bushes.

As the remaining two girls approached them, Sarah, Erica, and Lily appeared, "Watch it, that's my man you got there!" Erica snarled.

"And the cuter one is mine," Sarah added, whilst Lily just glared at the girls in front of her, her fingertips glowing purple.

"Thank goodness our girls are here!" Benny exclaimed.

"No one is gonna kill him but me!" Lily stated, walking towards the girls.

"And me!" Sarah added, again. As the girls fought, Ethan, Rory, and Benny ran to the 'Cage of Eternity', a movie prop that Ethan bought, and locked themselves in.