This is what Fun is?

"Yes. Wait, you know them? Where are they?" Shadow asked.

"They are on Angel Island, guarded by Knuckles the Echidna. They are only allowed to be used in danger around the world. The one who uses them becomes powerful. But the Master Emerald keeps the Island floating in the air, otherwise it will crash" Nebula tells him about the Chaos Emeralds and the Master Emerald.

"My father wants them....to make Planet Doom beautiful" Shadow lied.

"Well why didn't you say so?" Nebula asked.

"Well because the planet doesn't look so well as I told about it has no sun to make better life there" Shadow said.

"Hmm.... Better hope it would have a sun" Nebula said, "I don't know much about the chaos emeralds but I do know they can transform a mobian to something super. It never happened before because they are kept safe from the guardian on Angel Island"

"Okay then. I better go there with you. I better hope my father won't use them for something else" Shadow said.

"Excuse me?" Nebula asked.

"Nothing, let's go" Shadow said.

While walking in the park that is filled with trees and bushes, Shadow looks at the kids playing in the grass field while the family watches them.

He smiles a bit at seeing them play but he never had it like that as a child, "Kids these days have fun" he said. Then a ball fell near his shoes and a human kid came over.

"Sorry mister" the kid said to him. Shadow picked up the ball and gave it to him.

"It's okay" Shadow handed over the ball to him.

"Thanks Mr. Hedgehog" the kid cheered and ran back to play with his siblings.

"Now that's very nice of you, Shadow" Nebula said.

Much to Shadow's confusion he has not done anything good his whole life, "Thanks. First time I do something for an earthling" he said.

"But you are not evil are you, Shadow?" Nebula asked him.

This got hard for Shadow to explain if he's good or bad, "No, of course not" he said.

"In our world, good things bring happiness and people smiling. Bad things bring sadness and disaster in life" Nebula said.

"I see. It seems that it's not very right in my life" Shadow said.

"How come?" Nebula asked.

"Hard to explain. My father trained me for battle mostly" Shadow said.

"He never brought happiness to you?" Nebula asked.

"It's hard to think of it. No he hasn't. He only taught me about courage and destroying enemies" Shadow said. Nebula got worried, Shadow has killed induvial on his planet.

"No, have you...killed someone?" Nebula asked him worried. Shadow did not want to say this in public; he grabs her and runs to somewhere to tell her in private. He ran to an alley and made sure no one will know.

"Nebula. It's hard to say this but in my training on my planet my father tells me to slice some opponents" Shadow said.

"What? Your father is kind a mean" Nebula said.

"That's what I think too but I don't know what to believe anymore. Your planet is like.....beautiful. No war, no evil monsters, and no killing innocent beings" Shadow said.

Nebula placed her hand on his cheek without making him mad.

"Shadow, I believe it's because you got no happiness and joy. Something that you've been missing" Nebula said in a calm comforting voice.