The Eraser

Chapter 13: Annabeth POV

I hate the Fates.

But they determine your life, so I need to stay in their good graces. We had finished with our little, no long story, and everyone went to bed. I was headed to the big house when I got a little visit.

The fates stopped me in my tracks, somehow glowing red instead of a faint gray.

"Young child, we bear news. It is for the safety of this world, so you mustn't react too harshly. We have erased the minds of every being that knows your secret. This is as you say, a fresh start. Your next task is to rewrite the future of this world, for you shall continue the quest, but with your knowledge of prior events. We understand that this seems very insignificant, but this is merely an experimental world." The fates said all at once.

"What do you mean "experimental world." I thought this was just the past." I said.

"Well, this is a bit hard to explain. You created a new timeline and there is a point, where you traveled back to where the timeline split in two. This new line is all up to you, for any action will determine this worlds future. Once this world is set up for us, you will go back to the point that you left, and this world's Percy and Annabeth will have your minds, continuing this timeline."

"What do you need it for?" I asked.

"That is not your concern. But you will eventually understand. Good luck, and make this world better."

After that happy note, they flashed out, leaving me in the dust. I mentally sighed, but trudged towards my cabin, letting sleep overcome me.

-t i m e s k i p i t y d o o i s o n y o u r s h o e-

The next morning, my eyes opened with a snap. The memories of last night flooded back, leaving me speechless. We had to redo our quest, and Percy was not very subtle about things. Wait... Percy! I forgot to tell him about the fates. Oh well, I can tell him now.

I got dressed and ran out bumping into my least favorite person, Luke.

"Hey Beth! Watcha doin' in such a hurry?" He said.

"None of your business, Luke." I growled.

I scrambled away quickly, dodging campers left to right. I looked everywhere in the camp, but no Percy. I was about to give up when I heard a strange, muffled song coming from the bottom of the... lake? I dived in, only to see possibly the strangest thing ever.

My boyfriend, Perseus Jackson, was reenacting "Under the Sea" from The Little Mermaid with little sea creatures and mermaids.

This was so amusing. I took a video of it all on my Lphone 8. Yes, Leo somehow figured out how to make a monster proof phone by jamming the signal from the satellites, and redirecting it to a nearby power source. Anyways, the scene was hilarious! I mean who doesn't like some good ole fashioned blackmail? I did this for a few minutes (don't worry, I had on a oxygen mask) before I was caught. When Percy spotted me, he swan away like a mermaid.

It took forever, but I finally caught up with him. He lay on his bed, dry. I was cold and soaking. Revenge is in store Jackson. Just you wait.

Honestly, we just talked for awhile, and I explained the new task to him quickly. After the run down, we took a small walk around the camp, a comfortable silence engulfing us. Once we got back, Grover trotted over to us, looking very frantic.

"Guys! Chiron called a council meeting! He wants you there..... now." He said before fainting.

We got Juniper to look after him, and jogged towards the big house. Once we arrived, everyone simultaneously turned their heads toward us.

Percy POV

"Oh, it's you, Prissy." Clarisse snarled.

"Nice to see you two." I sassed.

She rolled her eyes, and we sat down.

"Children, I have terrible news to inform you. Zeus just officially proclaimed his master bolt missing, and is blaming Poseidon, and most importantly, Percy." Chiron started.

The meeting erupted in noise, so much that everyone had to cover their ears. Once we settled down, Annabeth took charge.

"Ok, this obviously issues a quest. Percy is the obvious leader, and he will pick Grover and I. We will need a lot of money for the trip, so get that done in an hour or so." She said.

"Whoah there, Percy has to go, but he gets to pick his company." Luke said.

"Well Percy, who do you choose?" Annabeth asked.

"Annabeth and Grover obviously." I said.

"Whatever, good luck. You'll need it." Luke stated.

"Thanks Lukypoo, good luck to you as well."

"And why would I need luck?"

"Oh don't worry, you will understand when the time comes."

After a stare down, we huffed and stomped back to our seats.

"Kids! Dismissed!" Chiron snapped.

Time s-s-k-k-i-i-p-p

Once everyone left, the trio stayed behind.

"So what do we do?" Grover asked.

Annabeth responded by saying, "Well, Perce needs a prophecy, so-"

"I'll go upstairs." I said.

I pretended to go to the attic, but in reality, I just conjured up some blue food. What? I can do that now. After five minutes or so, I headed downstairs, giving them the old prophesy.

"Well what are we doing here?" Annabeth asked.

"I agree let's go!" Grover cried.

"Ok but we need to stock up on supplies." I supplied.

"Ok, to the camp store!" Grover bleated.

Once we got the supplies, we went to the Hermes cabin to say goodbye to Luke so he could give us the shoes.

"Luke, my man!" I fist bumped him.

"So this is goodbye?" He asked.

"For now." I finalized.

"Anyways, I wanted to give you a going away present of sorts. I have a ton, so I have a few to spare. These are winged shoes from Hermes himself. Use them wisely. But don't forget to have a little fun." Luke winked.

"Thanks." I said as I waved goodbye.

Annabeth and I soon met up with Grover after burning the devil shoes. We then walked to the car and headed off to our next adventure.