The Recruitment (Leo)

Chapter 20: Leo POV

"Come on!" I yelled at the door, pounding my fist up against it, trying to get back in. This was my second home this MONTH, and I was literally thrown out. Like picked up and tossed onto the front porch with nothing thrown out.

I eventually gave up with the pounding, and trudged away from the house. I mean I guess that I deserved a punishment, but nothing like that! I mean, the kitchen wasn't even on that much fire!

"And don't come back!" I heard Mrs. Chesterfield screech as she threw a suitcase with my stuff onto her front lawn.

I felt a tear drip down my face as I scrambled over to pick up the light case. It was always me, I always had the worst of luck. I mean, what had happened wasn't even my fault... sort of.

I had just finished making my horrible foster mom her horrible fancy meat platter when I forgot to turn the stove off. Now thanks to my stupid fire immunity, I couldn't tell when my clothes caught fire, much less the entire kitchen. And after that, well you know what happened.

"Hey, Leo wait up!" I heard a voice yell behind me. I turned around to see a boy, not much older than me running at full speed.

"Whoa buddy, I know that I'm hot and all, but there is no need to chase me." I said with my signature smirk.

The boy only smiled back as he took my arm and ran... into a wall. Yes, I know that that sounds impossible, but he ran THROUGH it, leading me into a very nicely furnished room.

"I know that you're wondering why you're here..." The boy began.

"Ya, no shit Sherlock. And there are way better ways to kidnap me mister." I smirked. But my expression fell once I realized that he wasn't caught off guard with the joke, but was laughing!

"Ok Leo, good one!" The dude smiled as he slapped his knee.

"Um, what's your name dude, my head conversations aren't making any sense without your name to fill in the blank." I frowned.

"What are you having a conversation about?" He asked, avoiding the topic.

"Maybe about why I was just kidnapped by some 12 year old, what his deal is and why he could freaking WALK THROUGH A WALL!" I shouted.

"Whoa chill Leo. My name is Percy Jackson, my deal is that I need you to kill Gaea, and I could walk through that wall because it was just a portal." He said.

"Portal, a real portal. Your joking." I said, not believing him.

"Yup, with the same magic that lets you create fire in your bare hands."

My mouth dropped on the spot. How did he know that, maybe he had come to lock me up and test me like on TV.

Percy saw my shocked look and said, "Don't worry, I can do it too. Well I can control water, so more of a variation. You see, the Greek gods are real, and your dad is one of them, Hephaestus. That's why he could never see you as a kid, because he was forbidden."

"Ok." I shrugged. Honestly after all I had been through, nothing really surprised me anymore.

"So you're going to have to come with me, just please trust me on this." Percy pleaded.

"I don't know, I don't really trust anyone anymore." I frowned. This situation was a bit too suspicious. Some random kid kidnaps me with powers, tells me that my dad is a GOD, and then expects me to kill someone?

"I know that I'm coming off a bit sketchy, but this is kind of rushed, and the camp really needs you." He said, desperately shaking my shoulders. Percy did seem really shaken up, so I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and see what war I needed to fight.

"Fine." I said, unsure of why I was so chill about this. For some reason I felt like I could just trust this guy, and it was really throwing me off.

"Lets go!" Percy yelled, shouting incomprehensible words as he went through the same wall, expecting me to follow.

I took a deep breath in and stepped through the wall...

...into a camp? I wasn't so sure, there were a lot of soldiers dressed up in skirts. Was this sone sort of cult?

"Welcome to Camp Jupiter, the second best training camp for demigods like us. You will be staying with Jason, your designated best friend. Good luck and good bye." Percy yelled as he ran away back into the wall.

A blonde haired boy then approached me with a smile plastered on his perfect little face, "Um hi, I'm Jason, your new roommate. Wanna get some coffee?" He asked.

From that moment on, I knew that we would be best of friends.