The Arch

Chapter 15: Grover POV

I was really mad. Like not the "oh I'm so mad but I'll get over it" type of mad, but the kind of mad that takes a while to get over, if that makes ant sense. It definitely didn't help that the Amtrak train took forever. And the fact that Percy somehow knew to bring extra money to take the train boggled my mind.

"Come here, I see the arch... again!" Annabeth fangirled.

We came over to see the St. Louis arch, our noses pressed against the window. We admired it for the rest of the ride where we sat in an awkward silence.

The ride eventually stopped, and my friends rushed off. They ran to buy tickets to go on the arch lift thingy. We agreed that I would go with Annabeth and Percy would go by himself.

I was still very confused. My best friends were keeping secrets from me, that's not something that you do. I could tell that they were lying because of their scent and my empathy link with Percy.

"Wait up!" I yelled, realizing that they already left.

I trotted to catch up, but only was able to catch them once we got in line. They looked around, and nodded at each other. Ok, come on. They were both only 12, yet they acted like 20 year olds. This was the most confusing month of my life.

"So... whatcha wanna do?" Percy asked as we waited in line.

"Truth or dare!" I smiled.

"Ok, Grover, truth or dare?" Percy asked.

"Truth." I said confidently.

"What is your most embarrassing secret?"

I blushed beet red and said, "Well one time I tried to make some wood reeds out of the trees in CHB without thinking. Let's just say that I didn't leave in the same condition."

Percy and Annabeth started snickering, but tried to hide it. Then out of nowhere we heard,
"Ticket 312, ticket 312 come to the front."

That was our group ticket, I can't believe our luck, we get to cut the line! We walked up to the ticket booth, and I saw them exchange a worried look. We walked up, and soon got on the lift. Percy was with some larger lady with a nasty looking dog. Poor Percy.

Annabeth and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves as we went on the arch. Percy was a cart behind us, and from what I could see, he was very uncomfortable.

                                Percy POV
I hated this part. The lady-if you could call the mother of all monsters a lady-was snarling at me, not the dog.

She looked at me and tried to say something but I stepped in, "Give it up. I'm going to kill you now, so don't bother with the theatrics."

I swiftly killed them and enjoyed the rest of the ride, yes I know I'm awesome. The lift finally landed, and I went to catch up with Annabeth.

"Are you a diver, or just an average boy?" She giggled.

"Average, no falling for me! I'm not a criminal!" I squealed.

Grover looked like he wanted to explode, and my life couldn't be more complete. We then proceeded to our next location, but were interrupted.

"Tell him." A voice cried out of nowhere.

"Third task!" Another yelled.

We looked at each other. Grover looked terrified, but Annabeth and I knew what to do.

"Grover, we have something to tell you." I began.

"No duh." Grover deadpanned.

"And we are allowed to tell you now." I finished.

Grover looked confused, but went with it as I said, "So we are from the future. Now we're not allowed to tell you what happens, but if there is something you want to know, just ask."

"What happens to me?" He asked.

"Well you are the new lord of the wild after Pan died, and are the head of the Cloven Elders council." Annabeth interrupted.

Grover fainted.