The Training

Chapter 24: Annabeth POV

At first glance, it seemed as if the team getting together early was a good sign, but now... not so much. Most of the seven were completely untrained and some of them didn't even know how to control their powers. I most definitely did not have my work cut out for me.

"Ok everyone, get in line!" I ordered, not caring about first impressions. I only cared about making these fine humans into a team of super soldiers.

Everyone scrambled to form a line, well it was more like a line drawn by a two year old. Jason was the only one who was even comparable to his older self, which kind of says something.

"Um, so what do you want us to do?" Hazel piped up. She seemed very anxious, but I had to cut her some slack as she was just resurrected.

"Well I have been told that most of you are brand new to this world, and there are first some things thar I need you guys to know. You have been called here because you are all apart of a very important prophecy that revolves around the seven of us (and Nico) putting Gaea back to sleep where she belongs." I started.

"And how are we supposed to do that?" Hazel pushed.

"I'm getting to that. Essentially I just have to train all of you enough that we can head over to the doors of death and defeat Gaea. Easy right?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well I'm down for whatever, ya feel me?" Leo winked awkwardly.

"Number one: I have a boyfriend, and number two: Caleo is life, and I would never mess with fate." I laughed.

"Wtf is Caleo?" Frank asked.

"Well first you should be asking yourself why you are talking like a poorly written text message, and then you may have your question answered." I snapped back, obviously joking, but Frank didn't think so.

"I'm... I'm s.. sorry ma'am." Frank stuttered back.

"It's fine, but I need all if you to pay attention as we begin." I said carefully.

*cue training montage and awesome music*

The rest of the week was very lame, and although the movies make it seem like everyone who starts out a rookie can become a superhero in a day, it is a joke. The only one who came out slightly ok was surprisingly enough, Leo. He said that he already had control of his powers, so we just worked on fighting techniques which he mastered better at this age than when he was older.

"Are you guys ready?" I asked. We all were about to do the final training element of the one week that we had to prepare. The lava rock climbing wall.

"No!" They all chorused.

"Oh well, you're doing it!" I laughed.

One by one they all lined up to do the wall, and one by one they all failed. Honestly this week has just been a major failure which is realistic and reasonable. I mean, they just learned that they are demigods, what did you really expect. Yes, in the future we were this unbeatable was machine together, but right now we are all twelve or younger with no experience at all.

"We suck." Jason pouted.

"Yeah." Piper chimed in, blushing intensely whenever she looked at Jason.

I merely shrugged at that an motioned for everyone to huddle up. "Guys I know that this is going to be a hard task, but you need to believe in yourselves because we need to go!" I said.

"Wait right now?" Hazel asked.

"Yes right now. Nico, I need you to shadow travel us all to Greece. I know that it will drain you, but we need to hurry."

"Let's do this." Nico smirked.