The Finale

AN: Sorry this ending is so short, but read the next chapter to understand why.

Chapter 26: Percy POV

"We can do this guys, we have to." Piper said with a downcast glance at her feet.

"Piper's right, we're never going to win if we don't fight." Jason said. Everyone had just finished shadow traveling into Greece, and the team was trying to create a strategy.

"Well little demigods, it looks like your time has come to an end." A voice rumbled beneath out feet.

"Gaea, where are you?" I cried out, not ready for confrontation.

"Right here little hero." Gaea said, creating a mold of a body from liquid dirt.

The body started to expand until it was the size of a skyscraper. Then it launched down and killed everybody. I mean it literally came down and strangled all of my friends until they were motionless on the ground, not breathing.

I had no words as the disfigured bodies lay scattered in front of me. I was so distracted that I didn't even realize that we hadn't even completed the prophecy. And I was even more distracted by the lifeless eyes of my Annabeth that I didn't see nor care that the monster engulfed me, essentially killing me.

---

Then I woke up.

---

"Percy are you ok" Annabeth asked. She was laying beside me in my cabin, woken up by me jerking around.

It was all just a dream.

"Percy, come back to sleep."

It didn't even happen.

"Ok."