Chapter 27: The Blue Rose

CHAPTER 27: The Blue Rose

Did you miss me? I'm not sure if you're still interested but here's the next chapter.

Hopping on one foot while trying to fit the other sandal, I bounced my way to the car. My guts were being twisted as I revved the engine, my hands aggressively handling the steering wheel. A truck came out of nowhere making me swerve to the right where a short girl with a dog was strolling by innocently. I turned sharply to the left. Other drivers cursed me as I cut lanes but I couldn't care less.

Well, not until I almost hit the car in front of me.

Okay, I did hit the car in front of me.

I think I just created traffic. A long queue of vehicles inconveniently appeared behind me. Apparently, the car tried to turn right as I drove left and the result was the last thing I needed in this moment. The sides of our vehicles slammed to each other but out of luck, we did not have much damage. We got stuck right in the middle of the road though, two cars facing opposite directions.

I climbed out of the car and a police officer who came out of nowhere approached me, looking concern.

"Are you alright ma'am?" he asked frantically.

My hands touched the part of my head that slammed to the window. It's a little sore but I could tolerate the pain. "Yeah, I think so. No concussion."

"We'll bring you to the nearest hospital. May I get your parent's number," he asked politely. His partner was talking to the other driver, taking notes as he spoke.

"No need for hospital. I'm fine. I'm actually in a hurry and I have to go somewhere," I uttered and the officer shot me a look of disapproval. I glanced around the area and notice I was almost at my destination. "It's just around the corner. You can escort me there if you want to."

"Where are you headed?" he inquired. "We need to file a report after we have you checked. It seems that you caused this accident. "

"Police station," I answered truthfully. "I have to meet someone as soon as possible and after that, I'll deal with the accident report."

"No ma'am, we have to deal with this first," he insisted.

I groaned. "Fine."

They had me transferred to a police car and brought me to a hospital just a few blocks away. A doctor checked my head and ran a few tests. I sooo did not need this. He gave me prescription meds and some pain relievers. My dad arrived an hour later along with his pretentious parental words in front of the doctor, scolding me and telling how dangerous it was to drive like that.

When the doctor left the room he sighed loudly, losing the act. "So are you okay kiddo?"

I snorted. "Of course I am. Don't worry dad."

"Your mother is going to kill me," he said in horror.

"Not if she didn't know," I said in a wicked voice.

My dad's eyes glinted evilly. "Sometimes I forget you're my daughter. Of course your intelligence came from me. Deal."

We bumped our fists.

Dad went to the cafeteria and left me on the room and I figured I should talk to Jace's brother. Realizing I forgot my phone in my car, I decided to look for a payphone somewhere, my vision starting to swirl. I slapped my cheek lightly and focused on the faces of people I passed by.

I was walking around in circles. There was not a single payphone anywhere on this floor. This was turning to a really lucky day. With a grunt, I climbed up the stairs and started looking for the lobby. Why hadn't I thought of the phone used by the nurses in the first place? My head had been badly hurt then, since I couldn't think clearly.