Chapter 14: Exchange No More

Dedicated to  @SleepingwithinWater. Your comment in chapter 12 just made my heart jump. THANK YOU. Really.  Guys! Check out her work--> "A Crazy Love"

CHAPTER 14: EXCHANGE NO MORE

"What are you doing here? Let me go!" I demanded in annoyance.

"No, I won't unless you talk to me. I didn't mean to hurt you and you know that," he said in response, his voice almost pleading. His arms clutched my body tightly and it's making me uncomfortable. This was not how I planned to spend my quiet afternoon.

"For the last time, let me go. Who let you inside in the first place?"

"Serene," he answered. Of course she did. I struggled to get away and succeeded finally, spinning around to face my intruder. Exhaustion and stress were evident on his features, but still handsome nonetheless. He had a few bruises near his left eye and jaw and his hair was disheveled. He looked older compared to himself this morning. It's funny how an appalling mishap could change a person within a span of few hours.

"I think you have to go," I suggested, not bothering to act nice. I was still mad at him for the outrageous fight and how immature he was to the point that I wanted to question his sanity. His deeds were unforgivable and totally unacceptable. He was never like this before. And as far as I knew, they were friends so why did he do all those things? I had this gut feeling that it's more than just jealousy. Not just about last night at least. There's so much more that I thought I was missing. There's a piece of the puzzle that I needed to grasp in order to fully comprehend the unexpected turn of events.

"I love you," he uttered out of nowhere. Instead of blushing and being excited and having my heart doing some crazy somersaults, I felt irritated and disgusted all at the same time. How could he say that he loved me after what he had done? I knew he was a good guy and all but he hurt the person I really cared about. No matter how hard I convinced myself to understand him and see things in his perspective, I couldn't look at him without wanting to grab his hair off of his head.

"Leave now Dylan. I'm not in the mood to fight. I want to sleep," I said in a bored tone.

"Sacred, listen I know I acted irrationally and today probably wasn't my best moment but you have to believe me. I was just protecting what's mine and I didn't mean to hit you. It was all an accident, please forgive me," he moved forward, trying to catch my gaze in the process.

"I don't care what your reasons are. At the end of the day, you hurt someone and put other people's lives in danger. Just because you're the captain of basketball team doesn't mean you can boss your team around, asking them to do your dirty work. You're in school where people should study, not turn all wrestlers, hitting anyone that blocks their way," I told him, putting my hands against my hips.

"Hey that's not true. You know me Sac, I'm not a war freak."

"Care to explain why you attacked an innocent person and asked your friends to torture him in the hallway?"

"You know why. I don't need to spell it out. You're too smart for that," he said, laughing bitterly.

"No. I had no idea why you acted like a caveman. It's just a stupid kiss that didn't mean anything."

"What? It didn't mean anything? Why would you even think that? My friend kissed my girlfriend, of course it's not okay. It was far from okay!"

"You basically told him to do that! It was a dare remember? What, you lost your memory when he punched you?" I said in very mocking tone, angering him even more. He creased his forehead, confused.