Chapter 2: Me And My Not So Genius Self

CHAPTER 2: ME AND MY NOT SO GENIUS SELF

"Hello," I answered.

"Sacred! What have you done?" my sister screamed at the other end of the line. Could she be any more dramatic?

"I didn't do anything. What are you talking about?" I asked, exasperated.

"Your face was all over twitter! Your forehead was creased and you didn't even use lip gloss!" she paused. "You're basically ruining my reputation. Please tell me you did not do that on purpose."

I was about to ask her how in the world my picture ended up on twitter when the homeroom incident flashed through my memory. Some students took snapshots of me. Oh yes, they did. This was why I hated social networks. They were producing stalkers who would eventually crawl under someone's skin. My sister, however, was a staunch advocate of social media and everything that could broadcast herself to the public.

"It's not a big deal. You're fretting over a stupid thing. It won't damage your popularity ok?" I heard her sigh. Serene was really easy to convince.

"Are you sure everything's going to be alright?" she asked incredulously. I told her what she wanted to hear before hanging up. I walked back inside the Office. Chase was nowhere to be found. Seriously? Did he just leave me here alone?

I sat down and my mind went down memory lane on its own.

It was 6 o'clock in the morning and plates were all over the dining table. When I said plates, I meant broken plates. Some of the broken pieces were even scattered on the floor.

"Chase didn't show up at my cheerleading practice! He slept when we watched a movie! And he didn't kiss me when I asked him to! He rejected me in front of my friends!" Serene screamed as she handed me another plate to smash against the floor.

"Dylan shouted my name and told me how much he loved me during his basketball game! He wanted to watch a movie every weekend! He kneeled before me in the cafeteria and kissed my forehead in front of everybody!" I yelled as I raised the plate and threw it away.

Ranting about them and breaking things within our sight had become our daily routine since we got tired of our guys. They were constantly doing things that brought out the worst in us. My sister's more into ranting and I was more into breaking though. I was so mad at the moment I threw another farther than I intended and it almost hit my dad who appeared out of nowhere.

"That's enough girls. Don't you have classes to attend to?" He asked, ignoring the mess all around the room. "Is this about your boyfriends again? Why don't you just break up with them for the sake of our dishes? We're running out of plates."

"NO!" we screamed in chorus. Breaking up with them was not in our option. I wasn't deeply in love with Dylan or anything but I liked having him around. Besides, I needed someone who'd carry my books at hallways and when I walked to my car after class. Literature books were quite heavy, so.

"No daddy. I love Chase so much! He's not a sweet boyfriend, that's all," Serene cried.

"And Sweet is Dylan's middle name. He's exasperating sometimes." I uttered.

Dad rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you just change places? Women are so hard to understand," he grunted, irritated. "Since you're not going to listen to me I'm going to leave now. I have a breakfast meeting. Stay away from the furniture."

The sound of the door closing when dad went out echoed throughout the house. I turned around slowly and found my sister staring back at me.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" I asked.