Chapter 20: A Familiar Stranger

Thank you @itsoriginalr for the banner.

CHAPTER 20: A FAMILIAR STRANGER

Five days passed by since the biggest revelation of the century happened in our big old cafeteria.

Five horrifying days where cheerleaders had done absolutely everything to make me regret I was born on this planet. It's like they planned all those stunts with great accuracy, making sure that each of them would give me an equally terrible day.

It took me hours to finally remove the purple gum they casually slammed on my head that got stuck to my brunette hair. They owed me a pair of jeans since they destroyed it completely when they wiped red paint all over the butt area yesterday. Oh, and don't make me even start talking about my locker.

I had been itching to get my hands on their perfect shiny hair but Chase was kind enough to stop me from destroying their glory. I wanted to shove the fact that I was just trying to defend myself to his goody-good brain. Besides, what harm could it done? I was positive that they just dyed their hair blonde and went to salon appointments almost twice a week. I mean, no one could have that gorgeous hair without the help of massive amounts of hair products. They could always go fix it after I was done with them.

The class was in chaos when I arrived today. Each person sending me death glares of disgust and what I could only describe as a look of disappointment. Well, I couldn't care less. They could think all they want. I trudged my way to my seat which was conveniently in the middle of the classroom, open to all the eyes of these judgmental people and susceptible to unexpected pranks. How lucky could I get?

Yeah, right.

The whispers which couldn't be referred to as whispers because they're loud enough to be heard across the entire room surrounded me, shamelessly putting into words the horrible thoughts of the students who gave them. I tried to calm down to prevent myself from resorting to violence. Chase specifically told me not to give in to my hostile and aggressive tendencies that would surely send me to the principal's office.

How lucky could they get?

Our math teacher was uncharacteristically tardy today, giving my newfound haters more time to talk about me. The door flew open and two skinny girls stormed inside. From their looks and the way they tossed their hair, I got into the conclusion that they were cheerleaders, possibly here to torture me under my sister's orders.

Yep, Serene declared a war just a few days ago. We're not on speaking terms and our house was practically divided in half.

Skinny girl number one sauntered toward my seat and I lifted my head to look her in the eye. "Can I help you?" I asked sweetly, shrouding my irritation with a fake grin.

She raised her perfectly plucked eyebrow and put her hands against her hip. "Oh, yeah. Can you vanish into thin air?"

"Excuse me?" I asked in confusion.

"I thought you're smart," she uttered. "It means we hate you and it's better if you just disappear. I can't believe you did that to Serene. You stole her boyfriend. You should be ashamed of yourself."

I gripped the edge of my desk tightly, my knuckles turned white. While mentally telling myself to breathe, I stood up. "What do you want Barbie? If you're here just to voice out your opinions then get your fake butt outta here. I'm not in the mood," I spit out.

Her face darkened. "My name's not Barbie! It's Julie!" She didn't deny the fake butt part. 

"Do I look like I actually care?"

"You're even nastier than what I've heard. You're mean and selfish. Do you think Chase really loves you? You thought wrong! You're nothing compared to your sister and Chase was stupid to choose you!"