Chapter 7: Smooth Criminal

(Thank you guys. Sacred says hi)

#CHARED

CHAPTER 7: SMOOTH CRIMINAL

"What is going on Sacred? Answer me or I'll slap you!" Rielle threatened as she grabbed both my shoulders. I didn't respond, beads of sweat covering my forehead. Her face relaxed and her frightened expression was replaced by a look of concern.

"Are you alright? What's wrong? Do you want water?" she asked and I shook my head slowly.

"I'm going out" was all I managed to say.

"Why? You have to tell me Sac, you're making me worry," she pleaded.

"I'll get my phone. I'll talk to you tomorrow," I said as I walked past her and rushed out the door, slamming it shut behind me. I leaned against the wall to steady myself. I had to come up with a plan. There's no way Chase would give my phone back without making me pay for what I did to him.

My inner spy woke up from her deep slumber and was granted permission to do whatever she wanted. My plan could work. I knew I could do this. I walked all the way to Chase's room and pulled out a clip from my hair. Thank goodness this hotel was old-fashioned and conservative. It didn't use key cards, just plain old keys.

There's no turning back. I bent down on my knees and held the knob in my hand, executing my wonderful skill using the hairclip. In less than three seconds his door clicked open. I really should add being a criminal to my career choices.

My body shivered as I discreetly entered inside. It was pretty dark and the temperature in his room was much colder than the hallway. He was lying on his back, his hand placed under his head. His hair was disheveled and he seemed peaceful. I mentally scolded myself for not bringing a camera, I could've taken his picture.

Okay stop. I couldn't afford to be distracted at times like this. A single mistake on my part would have serious repercussions so I had to be careful.

I checked his bag first, then the pockets of his pants. It wasn't there. Where could it be? I searched every corner of his room and opened every drawer I could find. This was a lot harder than I thought. The only thing I hadn't checked was the bed. I swallowed hard. What if he woke up and saw me standing here like a creepy stalker?

I took a step toward his bed while having a silent prayer. Oh my. He looked attractive even in his sleep. I tugged my hair in an attempt to focus. When I was near enough, I held my breath and reached under his pillow. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up. Please don't wake up.

The pillow was a little long so I climbed onto his bed, moving as quietly as possible. His scent was all over the place, distracting me even more. Ugh, still no phone. My hand went over him, fumbling on his right side, while the other stayed on his left. My position was more than awkward and I looked like a pervert. My heart was beating so loud I was sure it could wake him up.

Unfortunately, my phone wasn't there. As I was about to pull my hand away, strands of my hair fell down from my shoulders and touched his face. I gasped in surprise and froze in place. He shifted and I prepared myself for the worst thing that could happen. Five seconds passed and he was still asleep. I finally let out a sigh of relief and sat up. I tried to crawl backwards but then he did something totally unexpected.

He grabbed me by the waist and my face slammed to his chest. Was he awake? Oh no! I struggled to break free but he was hugging me tightly, his arm wrapped around me.

"Chase let me go!" I said, freaking out. He didn't respond. "Chase?" I whispered. Oh my, he's really sleeping! So, the question was: how could I escape his sweet embrace?