I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 2

 The next day i decided to do my best to ignore all of Elliot's little remarks, even though i knew it would be hard.

Leon picked me up as usual and we drove to school, when we arrived we both climbed out of his car and he came over to me

"i'll pi-"

he was interupted by a Mr Styles coming over to us

"Ellie just the person, the head wants to see you in his office"

i gave Leon a worried look and he returned it before i nodded at the teacher and began walking in the direction of the head's office, with Leon in tow.

For some reason i began getting more nervous every second but knowing Leon was there made me feel better, when we arrived i saw Elliot sitting slumped down on the bench outside the office, he looked like he was about to say something either nasty to me or nice to Leon but he was interupted by the ringing of the bell telling everyone to get to tutor.

Leon pulled me into a strong hug and gave me a gentle peck on my head before rushing off, i turned to Elliot and before i could say anything the headteacher, Mr Blake, poked his head out and gestured for me, and strangely Elliot, to come into his office.

We glared at each other before heading in slowly, the door closed behind us and he sat down at his desk, gesturing for us to sit opposite him, i took my seat and tryed to avoid Elliot's gaze and concentrate on what the head was about to say.

"now, i know you two might not be too familiar with each other" i tryed my hardest not to laugh, if only he knew "and i know you, Elliot, are one year above Eleanor here but i have to admit that your grades have slipped slightly" he said to Elliot, who looked like he really didnt want to be here, but to say the truth i would have rather been in class.

"so i was thinking of adding in a small tutoring course for various students and after discussing it with the other teachers, we all think that you two would be the best candidates, so what do you say?"

I was lost for words, literally, I tryed opening my mouth to speak but nothing came out. Elliot was obviously the same as he just sat there staring at the head like he had two heads.

I looked at Elliot and he looked at me, i could guess he wasn't too keen on the idea and i couldn't agree more, i hated the idea, no wait take that back. I detested the idea. With a passion did I hate it.

I stood up but right on que Elliot stood up too, the head leant back slightly but stood up so he didn't feel too pressurised.

"your joking right?"

I turned to Elliot and for once, and only once, i found myself agreeing with him.

"yes sir, please say it is, i can't concentrate on my studies and teach someone like Elliot"

he turned to face me

"so you wouldn't want to?"

i shook my head slightly, glaring at him "not particulary, i have other things i need to be doing"

a sneaky smile appeared on Elliot's face as he turned to the head slowly

"its a great idea and I'm sure I'll benefit alot from Eleanor's guidance"

the head clapped slightly and cheered

"oh good, I'm so glad you two are willing to help, this is a big step up for the school"