I'm His Little Nerd - Chapter 17

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 17

The next morning i woke up feeling just about as grouchy as the night before, remembering that dad wasnt in that night i decided to go and check if he was in, i pulled back the duvet and clambered out of bed.

I slipped my dressing gown on and skipped down the hallway to his room, i opened the door quietly in case he was asleep but to my suprise he wasnt in there, the bed was made neatly and the curtains were open, maybe he was downstairs.

I walked back out and went downstairs into the kitchen, no dad. I checked the lounge, no dad. I began to feel panic as i grabbed the house phone and dialled his number, i held the phone up to my ear and allowed the ringing to drone on in my head.

"hi you've reached David, im a little buzy right now-"

i pressed the hang up button and put the phone down before sitting on the table and putting my head in my hands, tears filled my eyes as i had a horrible thought.

I slowly looked up, tears were falling down my face as i picked up the phone and brought it closer, i dialled the number i prayed id never have to call, after a few dials someone picked up

??? - "hello St John's Hospital, Julie speaking, how can i help?"

Ellie - "hi... um, i was wondering has a man been administered recently?"

Julie - "name?"

Ellie - "David, David Ashbrook"

the lady began looking it up before she returned to the call

Julie - "sorry nothing"

Ellie - "ok thanks bye"

Julie - "bye"

I hung up and put the phone down, at least he wasnt in hospital. I sighed before wiping my eyes and getting up, i wandered around the kitchen before picking up the phone again and dialling in Lexi's number, i needed a friend and i needed one now. She answered after 5 rings.

Lexi - "mmm hello?"

Ellie - "Lexi its me, i need-" my voice cracked and more tears fell down, that clearly woke her up

Lexi - "hold up babe, i'll just get changed and i'll be over, i promise"

Ellie - "ok"

with that she hung up and i went into the lounge and flopped on the sofa, i reached out and grabbed a cushion before hugging it and crying more, where was dad?

I must have been crying for a while as the doorbell went, i got up and went and opened it, Lexi immediately rushed in, she was still wearing her pajamas but was carrying a bag.

I felt her envelope me in a hug and i closed the door and hugged her back, she tried to comfort me and we pulled away and she led me into the kitchen and we both sat down on the sofa. Lexi put the bag down on the floor and reached out and grabbed a tissue and dried my eyes for me before we both leant back, i held a cushion close to me again and she grabbed on and i took a few deep breaths before looking up at her.

"well my dad hasnt come home from work yesterday and he's still not here now"

she reached over and rubbed my arms before reaching back and picking up the bag, she pulled out a tub of ben & jerrys and 2 spoons, a weak smile appeared on my face as she took off the lid and handed me a spoon and we both dug in.

I reached onto the table and grabbed the tv remote before turning it on, the Jeremy Kyle show was on and we settled on watching it, 10 minutes later and we were both shouting at the tv