Chapter 6. Bowling Buddies

"When you told me that you liked him, you weren't kidding!" Danny cackled from beside me, slinging his arm over my shoulder as he led the way out of the cafeteria.

I rolled my eyes and shoved him off of me, "You were making it so awkward! I swear if you would have laughed one more time I was highly considering stabbing you with Jackson's fork!"

Danny chuckled in amusement, "It was so cute! You kept stealing glances at him and the blushing-- my god, you were red the entire time!"

"Shut up!" I panicked as I glanced around the hallway nervously, "Someone could hear you. And I would like to keep this on the down low."

He smiled sheepishly as he checked the hallway for Stiles before he spoke, "I'm sorry! It was just too cute for me, and he is totally into you Ken. I mean he nearly choked when you sat down next to him."

"Yeah right," I rolled my eyes again as I stopped at my locker to retrieve my stuff.

Stiles doesn't like me. He likes Lydia, he always asks about Lydia. I mean every guy that I have ever liked has always preferred Lydia, so why wouldn't he? What makes a Stiles any different?

That's a stupid question. He is entirely different than any of the other guys I've ever been interested in. He's geeky and awkward, adorable and hot-- at the same time, he stammers over his words and is super sarcastic, and he always has a spastic fit whenever he gets nervous or excited. Is it bad that I know all of these things about him and we haven't exchanged more then 50 words with one another in eight years.

"He does. I can tell, trust me. I have to get to class. We'll finish this discussion later!" Danny called to me as he made his way down the hall.

I'm going to ignore the butterflies that just erupted in my stomach at just the idea of him liking me. Is it so weird for him to like me, though? Why am I having such a hard time believing that he could ever be interested in me? I'm pretty, and I am a nice person, I like to laugh and have fun, I hate drama, and I like Batman. 

Oh holy hell, that Batman conversation had me on edge! The fact that he even noticed my phone case in the first place was enough to just give me palpitations, but then he actually asked me if I liked superhero's. Who doesn't like superhero's? I honestly don't know how I would have grown up if it weren't for the comic books and movies that I watched. Those superhero's were like the father that I never had. Bruce Wayne lost his parents when he was young, and he survived-- he is my role model to be completely honest. I don't think I would ever tell anyone that though. It sounds so weird.

"Hey Kennedy." 

I groaned as I gave Daniel a sideways glance, why did he follow me to my locker? I mean of all the people that Lydia could have set me up on a date with, why did it have to be Daniel? He's so annoying. To be completely honest, I'm pretty sure that he wants to be Jackson. He is always sniffing around Lydia, and I know that's why he is my date tonight, because the infamous Lydia Martin asked him to, and he just couldn't refuse her.

My lips pulled themselves into a forced smile that probably appeared as more of a grimace than anything, "Hi Daniel."

"I'm really glad that you agreed to go out with me tomorrow, it's gonna be a blast. I love bowling. Have you ever bowled before?" He asked, leaning against the locker beside mine. 

I nodded slowly, "Yeah-- I've gone bowling before."

"Not to sound cocky or anything, but I'm a great bowler."  He smirked as he tried to wink at me, oh dear god. I'm going to kill Lydia. 

The bell rang and I thanked my lucky stars for that one. Tomorrow night is going to be the absolute worst. This is the last time I ever let Lydia set me up on a blind date. 

"I'm highly considering bailing early tonight, just an FYI." I sighed as I flopped down on Allison's bed. Lydia wanted to help Allison pick out a cute outfit for Scott tonight, and even though I was more than willing to just stay at home and re-read The Hunger Games for like the tenth time, I decided to be some moral support for Allison.