Chapter 16. Sharpies, Kissing, and Danny

i lied. this chapter is short too and the Stennedy stuff has been pushed back to chapter 17. i was going to do something else, and that's why i thought it would be in this chapter but i changed my mind. i'm sorry again that this is so short, ugh. x

KENNEDY'S POV

"I've never actually left during Study Hall before so this is kind of new to me and I'm really freaking out right now." I ranted to Danny as he rolled his eyes. We had just snuck out of the building five minutes ago and are now on our way to some store that he won't tell me about so he can help me pick up something to use to ask Stiles to the Winter Formal with. 

Even though guys are usually the ones that ask the girls, I think with me asking him I will feel a lot more comfortable about the entire thing. This way I am the one who know's what's going on and I'm not getting blindsided, that's just me. I just pray to God that Stiles will say yes. 

Danny glanced at me with a raised brow, "I think you're freaking out because you're going to be asking Stiles to the Winter Formal."

"That could very well be the reason." I stated dryly.

I feel like I'm going to throw up just thinking about it. I've never asked a guy to a dance before, hell-- I've never really asked a guy for anything to be totally honest. Every guy that has asked me out has been influenced by Lydia in some way, and I've never had the balls to actually stand up to them about it. I just wanted a date.

Danny then pulled into the parking lot of the local sporting goods store and I glanced at him in confusion. Why the hell would he need to bring me to a sporting goods store to get something to ask Stiles to the dance with? 

"Explain." I demanded the moment that he had his car parked. 

He rolled his eyes before pulling out the keys, "I don't need to explain. It's a great idea and you'll love it. Now, come on."

STILES' POV

"Alright geniuses, listen up!" Coach shouted to the team in the locker room. I don't really think he had to shout since we were all in like a ten foot radius of him but he shouts anyway so I guess there is no point in even bringing it up. 

The guys that were the farthest away stepped closer and crowded around Coach, thankfully I was sitting down next to Scott so I didn't have to worry about being pushed out of the way as per usual. 

"Due to the recent pink eye epidemic, thank you Greenberg. The following people have made first line on a probationary basis. Emphasis on the word probationary." He stated, glancing at everyone in the room. 

My eyes widened slightly and I turned my body so I was fully facing him. This could be it, my moment. I very well may finally make first line! So what if it's probationary? Maybe now Lydia will finally leave Kennedy alone enough to where I can ask her out and it will all be okay because I'll be first line. 

"Rodriguez, welcome to first line. Taylor and, uh..." My body inched off of the bench as I held my breath, this is it, this is it! 

Coach's face was scrunched up as he attempted to read the final name, "Oh for the love of crap. I can't even read my own writing. What is that? An S?" 

My body slid off the bench as I want to stand up but before I could Coach began to speak again, "No, that's a....B. That's a B. That's definitely a B. Rodriquez, Taylor, and uh, Bilinski." 

"WOO!" There was no stopping me as I jumped up off the bench, slicing my hand through the air in sweet victory, "WOO!"

"Bilinski!" Finstock yelled at me, I will admit I may have gone a little overboard with my celebration, but can you blame me? I will finally be able to play a game to please my dad and get Kennedy to go out with me, it's like all of my stars are finally lining up properly and I can't even deal with how excited I am.