Chapter 14. Never Letting Go

STILES' POV

Seeing as how I feel as if I am in hell, it makes sense to why Lydia led us into Harris' classroom for refuge on the second floor. My mind was a whirlwind of thoughts and ideas in ways to keep Kennedy safe, but at the same time I had to think of a way to help Scott continue this lie about Derek being the one trying to kill us. Jackson closed the door and twisted the lock before following us into the corner of the room by the chemical cabinet.

Kennedy's grip on my hand tightened as the sound of the alpha walking past the door filled the silent classroom. I bit down on my lip as I waited for the sigh of relief from Scott, once he knew that the alpha was out of hearing range he would let us know. Moments later, he let out that aforementioned sigh.

"Jackson how many people can fit in your car?" Scott whispered harshly, I smiled to myself, at least I'm not the only one in the room that is completely and utterly done with Jackson and his annoying persona.

Jackson rushed out, "Five, if someone can squeeze in the back."

Kennedy snorted, "Five? Are you kidding me? I was sitting on Allison's lap the entire way here."

"It doesn't matter, there's no way of getting out of here without drawing attention." I breathed out as I glanced at Kennedy fearfully. The fact that I can in no way protect her right now is starting to eat away at my sanity. If the alpha comes barreling in through that door, the only thing I can do in order to buy Kennedy some time is give myself up as the first snack.

Scott grabbed a hold of my shoulder and tugged me away from Kennedy towards the door that was supposed to be for emergency exits only, "What about this? This door leads to the roof? We can get up there and climb down the fire escape to the parking lot?"

I sighed and nodded my head towards the handle, "It's a dead bolt."

"The janitor has a key. I can get it off of him, by scent." Scott said suddenly, his face lighting up like a Christmas tree.

My eyes widened, "Gee, well that sounds like an incredibly terrible plan. What else you got?" I retorted sarcastically. There is no way in hell that Scott would be able to get out of here without Allison throwing a complete fit.

"I'm getting the key," He stated as he turned on his heel and walked away from me. Okay, I honestly don't even understand why he bothers asking my opinion on things if he is just going to ignore my suggestion and act like the plan is completely fool proof.

Allison gawked at him, "Are you serious? You can't go out there unarmed?"

I rolled my eyes, trust me-- he's well equipped enough to handle himself out there. Although, we can't tell anyone that because it's kind of a secret, but once again I was correct. Scott isn't getting anywhere without Allison flipping out.

Scott glanced around wordlessly before snatching up Harris' pointer that was laying on the chalkboard. I sighed as I glanced at him, "Are you serious?"

"What it's better than nothing?" He stated while shooting me a look.

I groaned in annoyance, "There's gotta be something else."

"There is," Kennedy said quickly. I glanced at her to see her eyes locked on the chemical cabinet. Lydia nodded rapidly as she took a step towards the cabinet, I could see the wheels turning in the strawberry blonde's head at the plethora of chemicals before her.

"What are we going to do? Throw acid on him?" I asked sarcastically. It probably wasn't a bad idea, I mean it could burn the alpha enough to distract him so Scott could get away.