Chapter 8. The Notebook and a Bone Saw

STILES' POV

I pinched myself for like the fiftieth time as I made my way towards my jeep, my index finger and thumb continuously gripping at the skin on my forearm. I actually just had a conversation with Kennedy about her borrowing my movie and she gave me her number. I have been waiting for a moment like this with her for years, and it finally just happened.

Scott is gonna flip when I tell him that I actually got her number! She gave it to me willingly, I didn't even have to beg pathetically like I had thought I would have to. I have no idea why she actually gave it to me, but I'm not gonna question it.

I threw my bag in the backseat as I made my trek out of the parking lot, only to have to slam on my brakes a second later because someone in a black leather jacket just appeared out of literally nowhere.

"Oh my god!"

My eyes widened when I realized that the someone I had nearly just hit, was Derek Hale. Jesus, why is he in the parking lot of the school? Scott rushed over to him and I let out a sigh, "You've got to be kidding me."

I scrambled out of the jeep and made my way over to them, Derek was a wheezing and sweaty mess. "What are you doing here?" Scott hissed as his eyes darted around the parking lot frantically. A line of cars was forming behind my jeep, and people were starting to honk their horns. Great.

"Scott we need to get him out of here." I stressed as I glanced over my shoulder and caught sight of Lord Jackass climbing out of his beloved Porsche. Oh holy hell, he is the last person that I want to be questioned by right now.

He nodded, "Alright. I'm gonna put him in your car."

I groaned in annoyance, "Are you kidding me?"

Apparently he wasn't kidding because he helped Derek stand up and hobble his way to the side of my jeep. Allison was now standing a few cars behind us and she was starting to walk towards the commotion. Not good.

"Find out the kind of bullet they shot me with." Derek wheezed out once Scott had the door shut. I fastened my seat-belt as I started up my jeep once more, I have no freaking clue where I'm supposed to take him.

Scott groaned in annoyance, "How am I supposed to do that?"

"She's an Argent, she's with them." Derek coughed out as he winced, what the hell? Shouldn't he be healing like rather quickly, with him being a werewolf and all? And what does Allison have to do with anything?

"Why should I even help you?" My best friend snapped, as he narrowed his eyes at the dying werewolf in the seat beside mine.

Derek glanced at him pathetically, "Because you need me."

"Alright, fine. Just, just get him out of here." Scott sighed as he shot me an apologetic look. A look that I will so be bringing up later because he so owes me for this. I'm not even sure why I continue to let myself be put in these sucky positions.

"I hate you so much right now," I muttered as I peeled out of the parking lot, Derek started coughing manically and I let out a groan, this was going to be a long car ride.

KENNEDY'S POV

I don't want a repeat of the Yoga Pant's fiasco, it was a horrible time in my life and during those two weeks I learned just how cruel Lydia could truly be to a person. So, that is why I stopped at the local bakery and picked up some red velvet cupcakes-- Lydia's favorite, and rented The Notebook, her favorite movie. And that is also the reason why I am knocking on her door, waiting patiently for her to answer because my arm is starting to hurt from holding the box of cupcakes, I may have gone too far with the second dozen..

Her front door was then pulled open slightly, and her green eyes appeared in the open crack, I didn't miss the smirk that was on her face. "Something you need, Kennedy?"

"Yes, there is actually. I really want you to stop being mad at me. I brought you cupcakes and your favorite movie." I stated as I held up the two items I was using to bribe her. If there are two things that Lydia Martin can't say no to, they're red velvet cupcakes and a shirtless Ryan Gosling.

She bit down on her bottom lip and quirked an eyebrow, "Trying to bribe me?"

"I'm not going to lie. Yes. I am trying to bribe you." I sighed as I held the box of cupcakes up a bit innocently, praying that she would open her door all the way and let me inside. The night air was getting chilly and I didn't bring a jacket. Plus, I'm wearing my pajama's. I was hoping to have a sleep over so we could bond and shit.

Lydia sighed dramatically and pulled the door open, "You know you really hurt my feelings and I was planning on ignoring you for another week, at least."

"I know. And I'm sorry, really sorry. I just don't want to be set-up on blind dates anymore, that doesn't mean that I don't want to hang out with you or anything." I rushed out as I eagerly jumped into her warm house.

She closed the door and snatched the cupcakes out of my hands, "Did you plan on staying the night?" She then cracked a smile as she set the box on the counter and pulled out a cupcake, licking the icing greedily.

I grinned sheepishly, "Yeah."

"Hmmm, seems that you do need me." She mused and shot me a smirk.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed a cupcake, "I do need you-- just not as a matchmaker. I need you as my best friend, the position is still your's if you want it."

"Of course I want it." She retorted.

"Good! So let's go and watch The Notebook while I'm still mentally stable, lord knows after that movie I won't be." I chuckled.

STILES' POV

"You know that really doesn't look like something that some Echinacea and a good night of sleep couldn't take care of." I rambled as I ran my hand over the back of my neck, the gaping hole on Derek's arm repulsing the hell out of me.

Derek was panting as his eyes scanned the room as if he were demented or something, "When the infection reaches my heart, it'll kill me."

I watched awkwardly as he began to stumble around the room, throwing open cabinets and yanking drawers out. I didn't sign up for this. I didn't want to drive the decaying werewolf away from the school, and I most certainly didn't want to bring him to the animal clinic like Scott had instructed. To be honest, I would much rather be home watching television or battling with myself on whether or not to text Kennedy. There's no point in letting her number go to waste, right?

"If he doesn't get here with the bullet in time... last resort." Derek rasped out as he jerked open another drawer.

I sighed in annoyance, "Which is?"

"You're gonna cut off my arm." He stated as he slammed a bone saw done on the examination table in the middle of the room. Oh holy hell. He then pulled out some blue elastic stuff out of the drawer and began to tie the elastic around his arm just above where the veins stop looking so freaking gross and infected.

I hesitantly picked up the saw and clicked it on-- it started to buzz and the sensation it gave me freaked me out so much I threw it back down, "Oh my god!"

"What if you bleed to death?" I panicked as I watched him tighten the elastic with his teeth. He was actually serious about this. He expects me to cut his freaking arm off with a bone saw! I'll just keep him talking, give Scott some more time to bring that damn bullet before Derek forces me to hack off his arm.

"It'll heal if it works." He shrugged and shot me a look. Oh dear god.

"Ugh, look... I don't know if I can do this." I breathed out shakily. I'm feeling light headed, oh I'm gonna pass out. I'm not a big fan of blood or needles or infected gaping hole's in someone's arm.

"Why not?" Derek snapped as he glared at me hatefully.

I gaped at him as I gestured to his arm "Well, because of the cutting through the flesh, the sawing of the bone, and especially the blood!"

"You faint at the sight of blood?" Derek sighed in a condescending way. I have never actually fainted when I've seen blood, but I've come close. I'm not going to actually let him know that, the last thing I want is for him to be a bigger asshole about this entire thing.

"No, but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm!" I shouted in exasperation, my eyes locking on the saw on the table. I can't do this. Scott need's to hurry his teen wolf ass up because if I do end up having to this, I will never be able to sleep again.

"Alright, fine. How about this? Either you cut off my arm, or I cut off your head?" Derek threatened as he shot another one of his famous "I'm Derek Hale and I can threaten you whenever the hell I want so you better do what I say" looks.

I began to shake my head from side to side, "You know I'm so not buying your threats any--"

Derek then reached across the table and grabbed the collar of my shirt, jerking me down towards his face, "Alright, okay, bought, sold. Totally. I'll do it." I rushed out quickly. He released me and a jumped back, straightening my shirt and shooting him a look of hatred.

"What are you doing?" I asked in confusion. Derek was convulsing and his eyes went wide as he flung his head to the side and then started vomiting black gunk. It splattered all over the tile and it looked like tar.

"What the holy hell is that?" I asked as I grabbed at my head, this situation was just getting worse by the freaking second.

Derek was panting once more, "It's my body-- it's trying to heal itself."

"Well it's not doing a very good job," I muttered and peeled my eyes away from the puddle of tar-like gunk that Derek just puked. What the hell even is it? I don't even want to know, it's probably disgusting.

"Honestly I don't think I can..." I mumbled as I glanced between Derek and the saw fearfully. The idea of actually cutting off someone's arm is repulsive enough, but the fact that I'm the one that has to do it just makes it a thousand times worse.

"Just do it!" Derek shouted at me in a panic. I hesitantly grabbed at the saw and lined the blade up on his forearm below the blue elastic. I shuddered as Derek clenched his jaw and squeezed his eyes shut in preparation.

"Alright-- here we go!" I stated, as I glanced at Derek. He nodded once and screwed his eyes shut tighter. I lifted the saw up and clicked it on--

"Stiles?!"

At the sound of my name I jerked the saw back and took a few steps away from Derek, my eyes shot up to see Scott standing there gawking at us in shock. Oh thank god.

"What the hell are you doing?" He demanded as he walked into the room, his eyes darting around in confusion.

I dropped the saw to the floor and shook my head from side to side in relief, "Oh, you just prevented a lifetime of nightmares."

_______________________________________________________________________

and i finally got this chapter done! i put a lot of stiles' pov in this one so you could see what he was doing while kennedy was making up with lydia. i found it comical that they are doing two totally different things. anywho, i hope you liked the chapter! my teen wolf dvd's came in today! so i will be able to write more now without having to worry about stupid ad's on mtv.com.

fan, vote, and comment! xx