Eighteen

Luhan placed the cleaning supplies back on the table and headed to his room when he heard his phone ring. He furrowed his eyebrows down at the unknown number calling him.

"Hello?"

"Hello. I'm Doctor Wu Yifan. My staff told me that I should call as soon as possible. What's the matter?"

"Oh... Doctor Wu. I'm sorry for disturbing you but... do you still remember me? Luhan?"

"Luhan?!" The voice on the other end shrieked.

"Yes, Luhan. I used to go to your basketball practices back in high school. I'm Sehun's friend."

"Oh, I see... Luhan, I can't believe it's you. It's been so long."

Luhan sighed quietly, feeling happy that Yifan had returned his call and actually remembered him. "How are you, doctor?"

"I'm still as fine as ever. Please don't call me 'doctor', Kris sounds way better... but seriously, where have you been? I haven't seen you in ages. Is there any reason you called? Something I can help you with?" Kris asked giddily, his voice filled with excitement.

Honestly, it felt nice that Kris seemed so happy to talk to him. He wasn't sure if he could deal with another awkward encounter -- Sehun was enough of a headache to deal with.

"Can I meet you...? I mean, can we meet somewhere? Maybe at your clinic? I'll tell you the whole story then."

"Sure, come whenever you want to... I'll be there."

"How about lunch? I can be there in a few hours." Luhan asked.

"Sure! Just come over, Luhan-ah." Kris said, sounding thrilled at the thought of Luhan visiting. Despite being weirded out by his awfully cheerful tone, Luhan brushed it off, thinking that Kris was just excited about reuniting with an old friend.

"Thank you! I'll see you later." Luhan grinned down at the phone when he hung up. He tracked down Kris, which meant his plan was closer to success.

It would only take a little bit more for Sehun to reach his happiness. Luhan was sure that everything would fall into place soon. Sehun will return to the love of his life and Luhan would willingly let that happen. It wasn't because Luhan was a kind person, letting his husband reunite with an old lover. It was because Luhan knew Sehun would always be miserable, would always treat him like this until Miyoung was back in the picture.

Luhan heaved a sigh and sat at the edge of his bed, exhausted from cleaning the whole penthouse. They threw a small Christmas party with his parents, Baekhyun, and Chanyeol. Although they only invited a few people, it was still exhausting because Luhan needed to put up with his own best friend's overly curious questions such as did you guys do it here? I'm not sitting on it. Baekhyun had wriggled his eyebrows as he pointed to the white couch in the living room, earning him a kick in the shin by the blushing Luhan.

Thankfully, Baekhyun didn't barge into the main bedroom, which was Sehun's. Luhan would have had to explain why his clothes weren't in Sehun's gigantic walk-in closet. His best friend had no shame and wouldn't think twice before entering the married couple's bedroom -- in the end, he did sneak in an opportunity to open the door, only because Luhan made the mistake of leaving him alone for one second.

His question of Hey Lu, isn't your room white? I am pretty sure it was white the last time we video-called was answered half-heartedly by the blonde. No Baek, it isn't white. You must've seen wrong. Luhan was grateful that Baekhyun was facing the room instead of him because he would surely be busted. Baekhyun could read him like an open book and he absolutely knew when Luhan was lying.