Twenty Three

"Sehun... Please forgive me. I still love you." The girl continued pleading, eyes glossy and lips trembling.

Clara Kim.

It was you all along.

I never knew.

Despite sporting a look of disbelief, Luhan could slowly feel Sehun's grip on his hand loosening, letting his hands fell limp against his side.

At that moment, Luhan realised he wasn't needed anymore. They'd reached the end of their relationship.

He took a step backwards and turned around, unable to look anymore as tears started building up in his dark brown eyes. His heart felt like it was on fire, clenching so powerfully that it just might break. He wanted to scream and let it all out. What was he supposed to do? Started clapping at the reunion between the two lovers or sprint away from them?

"Good evening." A voice that Luhan was very accustomed to suddenly piped up from the entrance.

Luhan pulled his head up and met Kai's gaze, who gave him a small smile of acknowledgement. And once again Luhan was taken by surprise.

What is he doing here?

What was actually happening? Luhan found himself asking.

Everyone was gathered in the spacious living room and Luhan was helping his mother-in-law pour drinks by the coffee table. Mrs. Oh then took her seat beside Clara. Wait, Clara or Miyoung? Argh...! Whatever! It made no difference because, in the end, that face is the one that Sehun loved most.

Luhan kept his head low while he distributed the coffee, eyes refusing to meet anybody's gaze and hands trembling. He was about to get up and walk away so they could have some privacy -- he wasn't sure he was needed anymore.

"Luhan, sit." Mr. Oh commanded.

Luhan halted his steps and was left with no choice but to take the seat to the right of Mrs. Oh, fidgeting as his eyes accidentally met hers. He couldn't stop himself from asking why Kai was here too. What was the actual relationship between the Ohs and him? Do they know each other?

"I hope everything can be cleared up today." His father-in-law eventually broke the deafening silence.

"I also hope so, sir. That's the reason why I'm here." Kai said as he clasped his hands together, face so serious that Luhan was growing more and more curious by the second.

"Please continue, Kai-ssi." Mr. Oh signalled for the bronze-skinned boy to continue.

Luhan sat there listening attentively to each word. He wanted to know what he had been missing all this time, his attention only on his best friend.

"I apologise for having to meddle with your family matters, sir. On behalf of Kim Miyoung -- also known as Clara Kim -- and as her cousin, I am here for some certainty and clarification on her relationship with Oh Sehun. She has suffered so much in their relationship and love for Sehun. And I don't want her to feel miserable any longer."

Cousin? Luhan sat up abruptly with a frown. His eyes doubled in size as he looked at Kai, who had clearly just sided with Miyoung. He could feel the upset welling inside of him, his breath growing faster as his shoulders hunched, turning his gaze away from his best friend.

He was on the verge of tears as he felt a familiar, burning lump in his throat. He clenched his fists, swallowing hard and tried not to break down into tears. But has he ever been that strong? He could feel his vision blurring and he felt so, so stupid. He had just been fooled by everybody sitting silently in this room, people he loved and trusted.

"Luhan, I'm so sorry for not telling you the truth." Kai rose from his seat, hoping Luhan might hear him out and understand why he had to hide it.

Luhan let out a chuckle of despair. Never in his 24 years of living had he felt so foolish. Was he so dense that people enjoyed using him, tossing him around with no consideration for his feelings? Who might have guessed that Clara, Sehun, and Kai had known each other before, pretending that they hadn't just to trick him?

He could no longer hold back his sobs and finally broke down, tears rolling down his cheeks as he faced all of them, staring into all of their gazes as if trying to find more things they kept hidden.

"Why does everyone want to make fun of my feelings? What did I ever do to all of you? What sin did I commit in the past, what did I do to wrong you?!" Luhan whimpered, his voice growing a few octaves higher. He rushed out of the room towards the entrance, leaving them to think about his words.

He had to build a wall to protect himself. He knew he could no longer trust anyone. He was betrayed, stabbed right into his heart, crushed and broken beyond repair.

The guards by the gates gave him odd looks but he continued walking, picking up his pace when he heard Sehun and Kai's voices desperately calling for him. Not once did he turn his head to look back at them.

He walked aimlessly, realising he was lost in a giant residential area. However, he carried on roaming until he no longer felt his feet, head feeling heavy and consciousness fading away little by little. He made an effort to keep his eyes open, the road ahead of him becoming blurry. He was staggering on the side of the highway, exhausted and tired.

It was when he fell limply against the shoulder of the road that he heard the sound of honks and a bright light coming his way before his vision faded to pitch black.

A/N:

And Luhan died.

The End.

Thank you for supporting this story until now.

Bye.

I'M KIDDING LOL I'M SUCH A TROLL BLAME CHEN.

Most of you guessed it was Clara. YASS FAM U RIGHT!

But I bet no one saw that coming with Kai being Miyoung's cousin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) RIGHTT??? RIGHT??

except for those who have read the novel u guys already know so it doesn't count :P

I know this is so so short but yeah, I wanted to troll you guys so I ended it there XD

Next chapter will be longggg i promise you ><