Twenty Six

[unedited + crappy writings + too lazy to proof-read]

Sehun pushed the dish away from him as he grabbed the napkin and wiped his mouth. He had been quiet ever since he got back from the toilet, his appetite not there judging by the half-eaten meal. It made Luhan's stomach churned in distaste. Sehun couldn't have possibly seen his interaction with Kris earlier, right?

"You're lying to me, aren't you?" Sehun accused when Luhan was gulping down his glass of mango juice, nearly spitting it all out. His face drained of colour as he stared at his husband wide-eyed.

"W-What do you m-mean?" Luhan stuttered out. Way to go on being subtle. He could hear his heart racing and he clenched his hand into a fist, fidgeting in his seat and restless when Sehun kept mum for a while and just continued to stare at him.

"Do you know, you once told me that I need to always smile... because my smile can heal anyone automatically." Sehun propped his chin, eyes never leaving the doe-eyed. "And I've smiled at you a countless time already, why aren't you getting well? On top of that, you can't even remember me."

Luhan's tense shoulders shrunk in relief and he let out a breath that he was unconsciously holding. He coughed lightly and pried the unknown feeling trying to creep up his heart. He wasn't expecting Sehun to actually remember what he said.

"Oh really? Have I ever said that?" Although it was barely noticeable, Luhan caught the glint of dejection that crossed the younger's face before it became stoic again. He wondered why.

"Nothing. Let's just go home. You're tired, aren't you, Lu?" Sehun swiftly dropped the subject.

"Let's go!" Luhan bounced up from his chair, ready to go.

_

When his in-laws came to visit, Luhan couldn't help but drown in guilt. Oh, how bad he felt for pretending to not recognise them.

When Mrs Oh opened up about the subject of the holiday that they had planned was now cancelled, Luhan felt happiness sparked in his heart although he tried his best to conceal it with clueless questions and such; he had never felt so grateful in his life.

Holiday is surely something fun to do but, for him to be left alone together with Sehun, that didn't really sound that pleasing to him.

By the time the Oh's had left, his eyelid felt heavy. He was too drowsy and exhausted that he ended up hitting the bed as soon as he barged into his room - his now shared room. He didn't know what else to do to make Sehun stay away from him before all his secrets were revealed.

What should he do? Every time Luhan tried to pry him away with spiteful words, Sehun didn't even flinch a bit and kept on looking unbothered. He would always grin and not take Luhan's words seriously. Even though he wanted to do nothing else but to sleep, the thoughts lingering in his mind kept him awake.

Sehun's phone rang loudly as it vibrated on the nightstand. Luhan got up from the bed and complemented whether to pick up the call or not; feeling a bit awry. What if Sehun suddenly barges into the room and saw him holding his phone? So he opted to just lay down and close his eyes. When the ringing didn't stop, Luhan grabbed the pillow and covered both his ears at the blast, his eardrums were about to burst. What if it's an important phone call?