Chapter seven

Enoch gave Jeanette a small smile when she approached him, she grinned back at him and gave him a small hug. "Hey Enoch!" She smiled happily.

"We've been assigned to clean rooms, and I also wanted to ask you something." He told her. She nodded.

"What is it?" She asked.

"you know how to carve things right, someone mentioned your dad was a carpenter." He said, she nodded happily.

"He taught me everything he knew!" She clarified.

"So I was thinking, we could make figures and use them to fight the wights." He told her, her eyes lit up.

"That's a brilliant idea!" she grinned.

"So I was thinking, the first room we clean, we could choose it to be our workshop." He told her.

"Let's go!" she yelled happily, taking his hand and dragging him to one of the rooms, deep in the boat.

"How about this one!" she asked excitedly. Enoch looked around the room sceptically, but then smiled.

"It's perfect." He nodded, she grinned and picked up a brush.

"Let's get cleaning!" She celebrated, her injuries and weariness was blocked out by her excitement for the adventure ahead of her. Enoch chuckled lightly, whenever he was with Jeanette he smiled, whether it was because she liked his smile, or because she made him smile, or both, no one was sure. The two began to clean the room, getting it ready for their plan to build their own sort of army.

Melanie didn't like the fact that she would have to leave her home and go with a group of people she barely knew. The winged girl was currently looking for a friend of hers, Stephan, and he was proving difficult to find. She walked up the stairs to the second floor and made her way to the other tower room, the one shrouded in darkness, this was Stephan's room.

She wished she had brought Jeanette with her, or any of her other friends, but she had decided to come alone, and she couldn't go back on that now. Walking up the steps and knocking on the door, she jumped when the door opened and a half-asleep Stephan greeted her.

"Hey Mel." He smiled at her, rubbing his eyes and opening the door fully, so she could enter his room. She sat on his bed timidly. The unnatural shadows in the room scared her, but she tried not to let it bother her, as she watched the boy pull on a shirt and sit beside her.

"Are you alright?" She asked him, he nodded.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." He told her, she didn't look convinced, but nodded anyway. "Why are you here?" He added with a frown.

"I came to see if you were alright, we're supposed to be cleaning the boat, we're going to go soon." She told him gently, he nodded, a shadow creeped towards them, but as soon as he looked at it, it moved away, as though scared of him. Melanie watched it with concern.