Chapter fourteen

It was strange to see Ethan stood on the top deck, stood as casually as though he re every day, but this was no casual visit

It was strange to see Ethan stood on the top deck, stood as casually as though he re every day, but this was no casual visit. It was clear as day that he had come for a reason, it was simply a case of finding out what. He smiled at Jeanette, Cameron and Enoch as they approached him, everyone else was already there, waiting and watching Ethan, wondering what he was about to do. Leo walked over to Jeanette immediately, he looked truly shaken, as though he had seen a ghost, Jeanette gave him a weak smile, she knew he felt the same way she did.

"Don't give me that look Leo, you know I did what I did for the greater good of us all." Ethan said, Leo looked down, refusing to meet Ethan's icy gaze, Jeanette put a hand on his shoulder comfortingly.

"What do you want Ethan?" Cameron asked bravely, no one seemed to be able to speak.

"I want you to join me, join us and fight for a greater nation, we can be great." Ethan smiled, he seemed so generally happy about what he was saying, it almost made it believable.

"We will never go with you." Emma announced, weaving through the crowd so she could face the boy.

"I don't care about you, I care about my friends, my family." Ethan hissed at her, before turning back towards Miss Eagle's peculiars, along with Horace and Enoch, who were stood on one half of the group, whilst the rest of miss Peregrine's peculiars were on the other half. "I can protect you, help you, it doesn't have to be like this." Ethan said, Nathan made a strange sort of sobbing noise, and even Leo was so scared he let out a whimper.

"Ethan we won't go with you, we just want our ymbryne back, we want all the ymbrynes, we just want this to be over." Jeanette spoke up.

"The world is going to burn Jenny, the ymbrynes have ruined our kind, and we need to take back our lives, please come with me, we've been through so much, but we've had it so wrong. The wights will help us, Miss Eagle, she was the true evil. No, we can watch the world burn and then make a new age of peculiars!" Ethan said, Jenny and Cameron went pale, even Nathan seemed to have understood what he meant.

"You're working with her! After all we've been through! Ethan how could you!" Jeanette yelled, there were tears in her eyes.

"Evie would be ashamed of you." Nathan whispered.

"Don't bring her into this!" Ethan hissed, he threw an icy spear at his brother, a shadow batted it away, Stephan was watching Ethan angrily.

"You dare hurt any of them and I will kill you!" He said slowly and precisely, his eyes were all black, the shadows had taken over.

Ethan merely laughed. "schlafe wenig Dämon, schlafe meinen Dämon, es ist nicht deine Zeit, schlaf wenig Dämon, schlafe meinen Dämon, du gehörst zu mir." Stephan's face went slack, he shook his head sluggishly, as though trying to fight something and then collapsed. Aimee appeared out of the shadows, kneeling over her boyfriend's body.

"What have you done to him?" She screamed.

"He'll wake up, if I tell him to. He's mine now." Ethan shrugged.