Chapter Eighteen

I wasn't sure if I had even heard Blaine right, the man standing in front of us was his grandfather?

A frown echoed on my face as they continued to greet each other, I was beyond confused at this new information of Blaine still having living family. I wondered whether or not this was his mother's father or his dad's father, but from the smile on his grandfather's face, I quickly knew that it was his mother's.

"I'm Benjamin, you must be Blaine's mate who he hasn't mentioned anything about?" He said while giving me a smile but also looking at Blaine disappointedly.

"Kennedy." I replied back with a smile. I looked up to see Blaine rolling his eyes at Benjamin but he still had a slight smile on his face.

"Well, come in, I'll show you to your room." Benjamin said, before leading us into his home, I could hear young children playing as we walked through the kitchen, as I caught a view of them messing about in the garden.

We soon began ascending some stairs with me still in Blaine's arms, as we were lead into a gorgeous bedroom, where Benjamin left us to get situated but not without inviting us to dinner later on that evening.

I happily accepted on behalf of Blaine and I before Benjamin nodded and left to show our guards where they would be staying.

Once Blaine and I were alone, he gently placed me down onto the bed but he suddenly began pacing up and down the room, I was confused by his behaviour but I considered that it was due to being surrounding with the situation concerning his grandfather.

Blaine was refusing to look at me, even though I knew he knew that I was staring at him.

There were so many questions that I wanted and needed to be answered, that I couldn't decipher by myself but I didn't want to intrude into Blaine's mind as he seemed like he was in deep though already without me intruding in on his thoughts.

I continued to believe that this was Blaine's mother's father's house due to the friendless of his grandfather and from everything that I knew of Blaine's father's side of the family, I wouldn't expect to be quite greeted in quite the same manner.

I watched silently as Blaine continued to pace up and down the room. He was attempting to suppress his emotions from me but he was unable to protect them all, I was able to feel that he was anxious, which was surprising as that wasn't Blaine.

I felt uncomfortable that my mate was feeling this way, so I got up and walked towards him, making sure to wrap my arms around his waist.

"You okay?" He questioned, his deep voice sounding concerned, which took me back because it shouldn't be him feeling concerned about me.

"I'm fine, but are you?" I said, looking up at him, and he caught my gaze.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He said, trying to sound confident but I knew it was all a facade.

"You're not though." I said bluntly, not liking the fact that he was trying to hide his emotions from me.

He didn't reply, he simply placed a kiss on my forehead and stayed silent.

"Why are we here Blaine, I thought you had no family left?" I questioned, making sure to keep my voice low and sensitive not wanting to hurt Blaine as I knew it was such a sore subject for him.

We stood in silence for a while, but Blaine suddenly began pulling me towards the door. "Where are we going?" I questioned as we began to descend the stairs hand in hand.

"I want to show you something," Blaine replied and simply began leading me out of the house and into the woods.

I didn't say anything, I just allowed him to direct me to wherever we was going.