Chapter Twenty Nine

Time had been passing by quickly, it had been nearly a month since we came home from my father's territory.

I was a few days from being in the 13th week of my pregnancy, meaning I only had three more to go.

To say I was petrified would be an understatement but with Blaine and Maverick by my side, it was easier.

Maverick had been staying on our territory a lot over the past few weeks.

Our arrangement with Peirce and Ava was that we would have him on our territory from Monday to Wednesday but it always seemed to be an up-hill battle every time it came to him going home.

He would throw a complete toddler strop, kicking up a big fuss until Blaine lost his temper.

It was a complex situation as it was only going to get worse the longer it went on and with our daughter yet to be born, Blaine was beginning to get even more frustrated.

We were all concerned that it would get to a point where they would have to stay together constantly, just like the mate bond intends. We were due to speak to Pierce tomorrow as Maverick was due to arrive here in a few days.

We decided to keep ourselves occupied and to start decorating the baby's room, her room was going to be in the room opposite ours, and we decided to keep it all neutral colours.

Once Blaine and a few other wolves had finished the painting, we began to build up all the wardrobes and other essentials we needed fixing up before she was due.

I shrugged my shoulders and turned to look at my mate. "Blaine, we need to decorate a room for Maverick too especially as he will be staying often. Maybe in the room next to our daughters?" I suggested.

Blaine and I, had still not decided or agreed on names yet. We thought that it would be best to choose closer to the time as we still had a couple of weeks and we only bickered when the conversation came up.

Blaine looked up at me, he was fiddling with a screwdriver as he began fixing up a wardrobe. He immediately rolled his eyes, but I knew deep down he was teasing. He was beginning to like Maverick as much as he detested the whole situation, he was just being over protective of his daughter.

"His room is not going to be anywhere near my pups," He stated, a serious expression on his face and pursed his lips as if he was thinking about something. "He can have the room down the hall, the one next to my office."

It was my turn to roll my eyes, as I stared at Blaine giving him an exasperated expression. "Blaine, don't be ridiculous." I laughed, amused at how petty he was being. 

He still refuses to get over the fact that his daughter has already been claimed before he was even able to hold his baby girl. 

I passed him over another screw as I looked over instructions. "We also need him to be close, he is our daughters mate and he will be an Alpha when he's older, we need to protect him whilst he's in our care." I added, Ava and Peirce had trusted us to look after their son whilst he was in our territory like we will need to with our daughter eventually.

He growled a little, and huffed. He was unhappy with the situation which I understood, but he needed to accept the fact that this was happening and he couldn't change it.

He sighed. "Fine. He can have the one next door, but I'm putting a lock on the outside of his door so he can't be sneaking into my daughter's room at night without me knowing."

"Blaine," I laughed, saying his name while my smile ached at his comment.

He sat there with a smirk on his face, still sending me a teasing smile but I knew deep down he meant it, which made me laugh even harder.