Chapter Thirty Two

Blaine's POV:

By the time I had finished explaining as much as I knew to Gabriel, he was wanting to rush over here with Lara, both concerned about their daughter.

Not knowing fully what had happened made it difficult. We would all have to wait until Kenny woke up to know the whole truth.

Like me, Gabriel was furious and his wolf wanted blood.

It was late, and in the early hours of the morning when I phoned him, I had barely slept as I went back and forth with visiting the pack infirmary. I managed to get a small amount of sleep the next evening.

It was nine o'clock according to my laptop, as I stayed busy in my office. I had phoned numerous packs surrounding my territory informing them of the situation.

I had delegated my pack wolves with searching the territories on all sides in case Zac was lying, trying to protect his mate.

Lena kept coming into my office trying to force fed me food which I continuously turned away, my appetite clearly not apparent. It was something she did often.

"Blaine, please eat something." She whined, as she pushed the plate closer to me.

I sent her a small smile as I pushed the plate back towards her, "I'm not hungry."

She rolled her eyes at me in frustration, "You need to eat something. You haven't eaten in hours."

When I didn't reply she sighed, for the moment letting it go. "Are you going to visit Kenny and the baby later?"

I nodded my head in confirmation but before I could say anything I was interrupted by the phone ringing.

Lena sent me a quick smile, "I'll let you have privacy." She said before pushing the plate towards me, pouting slightly making me roll my eyes at her persistence.

"Hello?" I answered once I pulled the phone up to my ear.

"Blaine? It's Pierce, I've been trying to get a hold of you for the past two days. Is everything alright?" His voice concerned, I could tell there was a deep frown sporting his facial expression.

I sighed, I wanted to avoid having this conversation with him. Maverick was my daughters mate and although I had accepted it, he would be a distraction and I needed to focus.

I leaned back on my chair, explaining what had happened to Pierce, he stayed silent while I spoke, he was shocked and confused by the situation.

I heard some rustling on the other side of the phone just before Pierce spoke, "Sorry Ava just walked in," He informed. "Do you need us to do anything?"

I sighed. "I've got wolves searching for her, she won't be able to hide any longer. Right now, there is nothing I can do until I hear back from my trackers."

"When you do, let me know. You've got our backing." Pierce stated, and I was grateful.

Ava's suddenly spoke, "I hope Kenny is better soon. I cannot wait to see the baby."

I smiled, Pierce interrupting me before I could speak. "I know that you were due to have Maverick but we can keep him here till things get better."

I pursed my lips for a second in thought deciding against my better judgment. "No, bring him here it might be a good thing. It might help my daughter heal quicker with Maverick there pestering her." I said reluctantly, my eyes rolling as Pierce chuckled.

"We'll arrive tomorrow then?" He questioned and I agreed.

We said our goodbyes shortly after that. I put the phone down before taking a couple of bites out of my food to please Lena.