Chapter Twenty Seven

A few gasps were heard as we all stared at the young boy, holding onto my belly gently. He stood staring at me fiercely but not in anger, but adamant that I was carrying his mate.

I looked up at Blaine, who was staring down at Maverick intensely before staring back at me, just as confused as I was. "How is this possible?" I said out loud, a question that was swirling around my mind again and again.

My daughter began kicking which made the young boy hold tighter, moving his small hands to follow her kicks.

"No." Blaine stated, staring down at Maverick.

"Mine." Maverick repeated.

"No." Blaine demanded, his voice tight and insistent. His eyes splitting into slits as he stared down at the young boy as Maverick's expression echoed his.

Blaine lowly growled in warning, from the look on his face he could kill. His anger showed, and I moved to stand up as Mavericks mother who I now realised was Pierces mate, grabbed him, pulling him besides her.

"Have you told your son to do this?" Blaine snarled murderously as he glared accusingly at Peirce. "How would he know of mates, he's not even sixteen yet? He's a pup."

Peirce glared back at him, just as ferociously. "I guess we all have a lot to talk about."

"If this is your idea of trying to get me to change my mind, you are utterly mistaken," Blaine kept eye contact with Peirce as both their eyes glazed over, their wolves both coming to the surface.

"It only fuels me more." He taunted, a smirk plastering his face as his wolf took control once again.

"Stop." I said, my hand reaching for Blaine's arm once again. "This conversation is not happening right now." I demanded, as I looked towards Maverick. He was far too young to be in eye sight or in listening view.

Maverick continued to stare at my belly, his mother was holding him in place but I could tell how restless he was to be near me.

"Let's move this to the dining hall," My mother began, she was in as much shock as I was. "Go through that door on the left."

As I was about to walk through the door, I waited as Blaine stopped the young boy getting through.

"He is not coming into this meeting." He lowly growled as he grabbed the top of Maverick's head forcing him to turn back in the opposite direction.

"Maverick, come with me. I'll take you to the pack house." My mother intervened, defusing the situation and looked at Peirce for his approval. He sent my mother a nod, and ordered three of his wolves to follow.

I watched on as Maverick hesitated, he was staring at me as if he was battling with himself. It was a strange thing to see since the boy could not have shifted already. "Go with the Luna, Maverick." His father ordered sternly.

He followed my mom, as she pulled him along in the direction of the pack house.

Once we were all the room with our pack wolves including Peirce's Beta who stood behind him. My father suddenly made an appearance. He greeted Peirce and his mate Ava, before we all sat down.

My mom and dad were sitting to the side of us as Blaine and I faced Peirce and Ava.

I could tell by the look on my dad's face that my mom had updated him via their mind link.

There was so much tension in the room, it was awkward. How could this be possible? How could such a young boy know his mate? Wolves weren't able to do that until after they have shifted at the age of sixteen.