Chapter Thirty Eight

"We're fine dad, we're all okay. I'm just trying to get everything back to normal." I said, as I held the phone flush to my ear. My other hand stroking my daughters face as we occupied Blaine's office.

"I'm glad Ken, you'll all be fine." My father's voice said through the phone making my head automatically nod, my body trying to reassure myself as I acknowledge his words. My mind still distracted, the hurt in my heart still lingering from my reality of no longer being fertile.

I bit the insides of my cheeks and sighed heavily. "We will be," I began wanting to encourage my thoughts to move on yet reassure my family since the past few weeks all I had seemed to cause them was worry. "So, Blaine and I have decided to have a family gathering so we can finally announce our daughter's name!"

My voice was swelling with excitement, not only to finally share the precious name we decided, but to celebrate the birth of my daughter with my family.

"Of course Kenny," My father chuckled, his laugh sounding through the phone as my daughter began to coo. Her tongue sticking out slightly as she yawned, her bright eyes shining as she held my gaze, I smiled as I remembered the photographs of Blaine's mom Blair, their eyes identical.

"We will all be there, I take it the whole family is invited?"

"Yes! Including the Beta and Third in Command families." I smiled, excited to see them all since I hadn't seen the full family since we visited for the meeting with Pierce when we discovered our daughter's mate Maverick.

When Blaine and I mentioned to Lena that we wanted to have family gathering, she immediately clapped her hands, her face suddenly grinning in joy. She wanted to help organise and I happily agreed as she began rushing out ideas.

Blaine laughed and left me with Lena to plan. We decided we would have a small party this Friday with immediate family only and then celebrate with a pack bbq on Saturday with our whole pack.

"You can arrive for about 5 o'clock dad –"

The door swinging open and smashing against the wall caught me off guard as I stood protectively in front of my daughter, instantly dropping the phone as it scrapped against the wooden floor, hanging on by the cable as it swung back and forth, the phone dangling off of the desk.

"Blaine," I growled as he walked in, his attention elsewhere that he hadn't even noticed we were in here until the sound of his daughter wailing entered his system.

His eyes a raging black, as his orbs stared at me in a predatory way until his wolf recognised me as his mate.

My own wolf raising to the surface at his behaviour, walking back over to our daughter to calm her down. Keeping her at a distance from Blaine as his wolf was still in control and not wanting to startle him.

I didn't doubt that he would never harm his child but when his wolf was dominant, his thinking was irrational.

I picked up the phone, quickly pulling it up to my ear quickly speaking and ending the call. "Dad, I'll have to call you back."

Blaine was facing the wall, his posture tense as he breathed in deeply as he tried to gain control of his beast. He was breathing in deeply as his broad chest heaved with the depth of his sigh.

Hearing the commotion, Lena appeared and took the baby away from the situation leaving Blaine and I in his office.

"I'm sorry," Blaine apologised but refused to look at me as I approached. "I didn't realise you were in here with the baby. I would have kept my distance."

I placed my hands on his biceps, holding onto him tightly, confused by his rage. He had mentioned last night that he would be interrogating the rogues this morning, his animosity stemming from that situation.