Book 7⌇4. Guardian Angel

Chapter 4 ∣  Guardian Angel

-Harlan 

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse...I mean after discovering that I have a human for a mate...

She shows herself.

I'd never seen an angel before, though I'd heard stories about them. The look on her face though, man, was that priceless. Her deep blue eyes stared at me in disbelief, her long blonde hair framing her perfect angelic features while she faltered the grip, she had on the energy emitting from her hands. It had taken form, pure energy morphed into a bow and one aimed directly at-

Oh shit.

Narrowly stepping to the side as the arrow flew past my chest, she took a determined step forward. What I finally did realize and probably the only reason why she was startled in the first place, is that the human was frozen. Not literally frozen like a block of ice, ha-ha, but as though time stood still.

I'd seen a lot of crazy and weird things...but this...what the hell did I just step into?

"...five-" her voice was almost a whisper.

And why are we counting?

Maybe we should count as well. Counting is fun...count how long it takes for her to-.

"Oh no..." her face dropped, her eyes flickering from mine to the human beside of me. He gasped, clutching the wall behind him and frantically looking between the two of us. His wide eyes said everything, but I wasn't about to let my mate get away that easily, even if an angel was breathing down my neck trying to kill me.

She desperately pleaded with him, "Icarus run!"

The human appeared to be in about as much shock as I was when I initially saw her. He didn't say a word, attempting to run down the opening of the alley. He barely took three steps before I wrapped my tail around his waist and pinned him back against the wall.

"Won't you stay awhile?" I grinned at the human called Icarus, my chuckles causing goosebumps to break out across his skin.

The angel breathed in sharply and gasped. Surprisingly, yes...there was an electric blue arrow now embedded into my chest. The funny part...I didn't feel a thing. My eyes lifted from the arrow, locking with her own and asked, "Was that supposed to tickle?"

"Y-Yo-You sh-should be-"

I cut her off right there, "Love, if you're using energy as your weapon...I'm the last being you want to attack." Well, to be honest, I was sweating bullets the first time considering I hardly knew anything about their tactics. Thankfully, it really was just pure energy. It dissolved, my body transferring the energy from the morphed form and returning it to the natural state. Revitalized from being shot...well, she can shoot me all day then.

"What the hell are you?!" Icarus' hands were on me, trying to pry my tail from around his waist and I just sighed, my attention leaving the speechless angel and traveling over my strong body of my mate. It was strangely still, the pull coming from within me...it should have stopped the moment I contacted him, but it continued to consume me like flames.

Finally, she spoke again, "Icarus..."

I'm tired of her possessiveness of our mate. Let me play with her.

I'd rather not get involved with a holy being if possible.

It's fun to watch something so pure become corrupt.

I agree...but not an angel. We'll find a virgin tonight after this, how about that?

Oh, then it's going to be a rather splendid night...maybe we can involve our mate at the same time.