Book 7⌇20. Retroactive

Chapter 20 ∣  Retroactive

-Harlan

She's been asleep for quite a while...

Virgin. Angel. Fucked. I'm not surprised in the slightest. She's only lucky that you didn't give me absolute control...gentle...

I laid back against the couch with my arms folded behind my head against the armrest. The muted ceiling was oh so intriguing, waiting for Isis to wake. My eyes glanced at the digital clock resting beneath the T.V. stand, realizing it was nearing late afternoon. She'd slept through the entire day, my thoughts wandering to the possibility that something might be wrong with her.

Where's that human anyw-

"Well, that's that!"

Your ears were burning?

The sound of the front door closing just as Icarus came down the hallway had my demon silenced, both of us have wondered exactly why he hadn't come home last night. I eyed him, his clothes were the same ones he'd left last night to celebrate in. He noticed my stare and he snapped, "What?"

My eyes shifted away from him and I scoffed, "Oh nothing."

"That's what I thought," Icarus was quick to enter the kitchen, his voice carrying through the opening as he stated, "if you must know, I stayed over with Ayanna."

Knew it, he's like a woman with his sex hair. Wonder who was really in charge last night.

A grin crept onto my face, but I said nothing, Icarus rambling on in the background as my eyelids had closed shut.

"-We went into the institute today and finished processing a large dose of the VV1-I," he continued, "Lilith is going to release it tomorrow and the start of the vampires' fall will behind," when he entered into the room, I could feel his eyes staring at me. He went silent for a moment and curious as I am, my eyelids opened halfway, glancing sideways to see Icarus staring at me again, his brows furrowed.

"Can I help you with something?" I asked, a sigh leaving my lips. Isis and I really need to get a place of our own if we really can only stay here on Earth. When he remained silent, I noted, "Perhaps a comb?"

Icarus rolled his eyes and replied, "No..." he scanned the room and then asked, "where's Isis?"

"Sleeping naked in your guest bed," I shifted on the couch, swinging my feet until they were planted firmly on the floor. Standing slowly to my feet, I continued, "Without you around to cock block me, the night went rather well with my beautiful angel."

Icarus looked at me in complete disbelief, his voice slightly uneven when he said, "But...you're a demon...and you slept with an angel..."

"The absolute best fuck of my life if I might add," I chuckled as his eyes continued to go wide, the gears in his mind working as though he was seeing everything with a new perspective. I wasn't stupid though; I knew what he was hinting at but he just didn't have the balls to say out loud.

What are the consequences of Isis having sex and being marked by me?

That's the only reason I was worried why she was sleeping so long, maybe I'd hurt her without even realizing it. I couldn't have though; she would have told me if I was being too rough with her...I couldn't get much gentler than the way I took her last night.

"I don't think it can be all that bad," I shrugged my shoulders and neared the window, my orbs searching out across the city. It wasn't long before I found my gaze drifting upward, the once clear sky and fluffy white clouds like my angel's wings, were all but gone, replaced by a sinister black sky. A dark growl emitted from the back of my throat, my eyes shifting to an electric blue, barely hearing Icarus in the background as he went on and on about what I did to Isis.