He's My Mate! Chapter 7

Chapter 7: What he thinks

Jonathan Garner's POV

As I was going through the students' homework, I suddenly felt what I could only describe as a strong electric current approaching, causing my whole body to warm up instantly.

I knew it was her coming for detention. It has been like this since yesterday, whenever she's nearby, I get this warm fussy feeling I can't even put in words. It was quite insane, like I was losing my sanity.

It was strange because I've only known her for less than 48 hours but whenever she's around, I always get this inexplicable desire to hold her.

It was amazing how she made me feel, not even Julia-the woman I'm meant to marry- ignited such a fire inside of me. Fuck I'm such a pedophile. I felt like a fucking twat over the whole situation, but how do you explain something you can't explain?

I stood up from my chair and walked towards the door, opening it, there she was...and what is he doing here? And why am I suddenly get overly protective?

"Sir." I knew his name was Lucas, he was one of my brightest students, but fuck not even his grades could contain this sudden urge to get him away fro her. I'm losing my mind.

I just nodded, not wanting to make it obvious that I was...angry? Angry for what exactly? Who's this girl and what's she doing to me?

She didn't look at me, she always avoided any form of eye contact with me. Does she maybe feel what I feel when our eyes meet?

He handed over her bag which he was holding for her. I wish I was the one who had been holding it for her. Wait? What? I'm not jealous,I know I'm not. Jealous of what exactly? That's it, I've completely lost it.

"Thanks. I'll see you in an hour?" she said giving him a light smile. She really was beautiful. That I could never ever deny.

But there was no way I was gonna let him take her home, not if it means spending more time with her.

"I'll drive you home, so Lucas you can just go home now." I found myself saying suddenly.

Even though she didn't look at me, I could tell that caught her off-guard.

"Oh okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." she nodded as Lucas walked away, all this time keeping her eyes off me.

I moved from the door and walked back inside. She followed suit and went to sit at the back of the class. Before I could sit down, I had this sudden impulse to get closer to her. If there was one thing as fucked up as this, it would have to be how insanely right all this felt.

"What's going on between you too?" I needed to know, the curiosity was suffocating me.

"Uhm..nothing." she replied, taking her scrap book out and sketching some random drawing. I moved closer to her.