He's My Mate! Chapter 23

Chapter 23: Mr Tutor

"As I was saying,Mr Garner swore to me that if you don't come to class tomorrow,he will have no choice but to report you."Jess emphasised.

"Whatever." i shrugged,not bothered even a bit about what she was saying.

"You know he sounded serious..."

"So..."

"Ugh Charles come on. The guy didn't mean to hurt you...maybe he doesn't even know he hurt you,why don't you just date James or someone. It won't hurt you..." Jess said as she took a sip of a soda.

I know that she meant well but she just didn't get it,I couldn't sleep at night because of him,I couldn't go an hour without him drifting into my head,my heart ached whenever I saw him and Julia,I craved his touch at times and I couldn't control any of these things.

To save myself from the torture I decided to stop attending his classes until I'm allowed to swap classes,'cause when I spoke to the headmaster about it,he said I should wait a month and see what happens then,basically 'Mr Garner is the best Chemistry teacher the school has hired',those were the headmaster's words. But really, who gave a fuck about his competency?

Ever since the incident on monday,I managed to avoid him completely and it was hard for me but it was what I had to do.He came by my house yesterday 'cause my mother had invited him for coffee to thank him for looking after me.I stayed in my room until he left. It was strange how my mother perceived me as this thing that needed taking care of, by nonetheless, my Chemistry teacher.

"So you're not gonna go to class tomorrow?"Jess asked.

"Nope. Want some ice cream?" I tried changing the subject.

"No,I should get going. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Yes Jessy,I will be in school tomorrow but I'm not gonna attend Chemistry." I said getting up from the couch and wallking with her to the door.

"Is it realy that hard?" she turned to look at me.

"You won't nderstand...It's like....I don't know,it's just not easy."

"What if I told him?" I slaped her on the shoulder.

"Just joking,come here..." She squizzed me tightly,stroking my back.

"I love you." she said. 

"I hate you too..." I replied sarcastically.

She then exited the door and I hurridly went up to my room to do homeworks.

When I had finished,it was time for dinner and my mom had made my favorite meal.She kept asking me about school during dinner and most of her questions were about Mr Garner. I had no choice but to lie to her but I know for a fact that at one point she's gonna find out,that's just my mom. But I couldn't tell her that I was skipping class now,could I? Specifically Mr Garner's classes.

-----------------------

We were seated in Biology class when there was a knock on the door and Ms Learmonth walked in. She spoke to Mr Holts,our viology teacher and afterwards,"Charlene,the headmaster would like to see you."He spoke up looking at me and Jess gave me that sympathetic look that told me exactly why I was being called to the principal's office.

Mr Garner had reported me!

I stood up from my seat nervously,Jess gave an assuring smile,James looked rather surprised. I've also been avoiding him too and whenever he'd ask me why I was skipping class,I'd come up with a lousy excuse,but he didn't push me to tell him exactly what's going on.

I entered the office to find Mr Garner and Mr Bould,our principal,discussing learner's perfomance in Chemistry. I knocked slightly on the door and Mr Bould's eyes shifted to the door and he nodded,indicating that I could come in.

I tried my best not to look at Mr Garner,he was wearing a black shirt and dirty-blue jeans. Damn he looked very handsome...

"Good morning." I greeted them,taking a seat next to Mr Garner who had his eyes at the headmaster all the time since I entered the room.

"Morning Charlen. How are you?" Mr Bould asked.

"Fine sir,thanks." I said nervously.

"Right,without any waste if time,let's get to the reason why you're here. Do you have any idea why I called you?" The principal asked,looking straight into my eyes.

"Uhm...no sir."  

Why did I say no again?

"Okay,well there's been a report that you haven't been attending your Chemistry classes for the whole week but checking the register,you've been present in all the other classes. Do you want to tell us why?"

I didn't know what to say,so I kept quiet for some time,Mr Garner looked nervous and restless,maybe he thought I was gonna say that it's because of him...well it is because of him but not that he made me uncormfortable or anything like that.

"Charlene."Mr Bould spoke.

"I guess I'm-not pretty good at...uhm,the subject,so I see no use attending classes."I stuttered.

Mr Bould nodded,"We're aware of that but skipping class is just not acceptable. You also got the lowest mark out of all the learners,which is why Mr Garner and I have come to an agreement." he spoke and all this time Mr Garner kept quiet.

"I can always get a tutor..." I shrugged.

"Exactly and a tutor has already been assigned to you." He smiled at Mr Garner..

"Oh-" was all I could say.

"Yes."he replied.

"Who?"I asked.