He's My Mate! Chapter 12

Chapter 12: Bunking Class

''Charlene are you up?''

Sometimes I hated my mom, did she really have to yell.

I wonder how she manages to go to bed so late at night and still wake up early the next day. The knock on my bedroom door was annoying the hell out of me.

I buried my face deep in my pillow, mumbling to her to get away.

"Just get up already.'' Before I knew it, my mom had walked in my room and pulled off the covers off of me, making me shiver as the cold morning air hit my exposed skin.

''Mooom...'' I pleaded, my words muffled by the pillow.

''You still sleep without your pajamas? Isn't this habit of yours getting too uncomfortable for you?'' I always preferred to go to bed naked, it was just comfortable for me, but my mom didn't like it. It was either a big baggy t-shirt or nothing ,it was always better for me than sleeping with my pajamas on, but that didn't stop my mom from complaining about it.

''I'll be downstairs making breakfast, you better get up now.'' my mom scolded, walking out.

I got up reluctantly, heading straight to the shower.

I wasn't really looking forward to school today, with what happened yesterday , it was just gonna be hard for me to see Mr Garner and pretend that I was fine with being just one of his students.

I quickly discarded the thought of him out of my mind, saving myself from the heart-ache.

I wondered if he thought of me. Because he was literally stuck in my head.

I got out of the shower, walking to my room and switching on the radio. I sang along some of the songs playing on it while I dried my hair and prepared myself for school or whatever hell awaited me at that place.

I put on my pair of dirty-blue ripped jeans which expose my curves oh-so-nicely and a blue checkered shirt.

I got downstairs to find my mom gone to work, breakfast left on the kitchen island, with a note on the fridge that said 'I love you'. I guess she was feeling better today.

Jess arrived when I just finished eating my breakfast. I shoved the last bite in my mouth and left the house.

''Morning!'' Jess said cheerfully,I presumed someone's problems had been resolved.

''I see you're in a good mood today.'' I hopped in her car, smiling to her happily.

''It's not everyday that you find out that you were mistaken for thinking that you're pregnant so yup, I definitely am in a good mood.'' she blurted the words simply like they meant nothing.

''Pregnant!'' I exclaimed. Shifting on my seat to look at her as she started the car.

''Yeah, I was late so I thought I was pregnant, turns out these things happen,can you believe it?'' she said excitedly.

''Are you kidding me, Jessica you should be careful, what would have happened if you were pregnant, what would you have done then?'' Okay why was I getting angry??

''Chill,these things happen okay.'' Jess replied.

'' I can't believe you.'' I had no idea where the sudden anger was emanating, but I really did not approve of such recklessness. Not that I had any right judging her, I barely knew her.

But perhaps I was not angry, no. Somehow I envied her. She didn't have to worry about someone who didn't care about her, or if the guy she slept with was her mate or not, she just lived care-freely and fucked who she wanted.

I calmed myself down, Jess didn't say anything in return,s he just played music, singing along to Drake.

That had me laughing all the way to school, she really sucked at rapping but that didn't stop her.

We arrived to an already congested parking lot and students leaving to different classes.

I was still laughing at Jess when my good mood was switched off suddenly. I turned around to come face to face Mr Garner and a beautiful blonde classy lady approaching us. Technically he was about to walk awkwardly past us, until Jessica decided not to keep her excitement to herself.

''Morning Mr G.'' Jess greeted him excitedly, averting her gaze to the blonde and scrutinizing her.

She had long blonde hair,with puckered pink lips and deep blue eyes which were perfect for her pale complexion.

''Good morning Jessica...Charlene.'' he didn't even look at me, why did that hurt so much? And there we were, stuck in a palpable tension that only he and I could feel. Jess seemed oblivious and the blonde couldn't stop smiling. At what? I had no idea.

''Is this your fiancee?'' why was Jess so inquisitive?

''Yeah, this is Julia,and honey these are my students.'' he replied coolly, but who was he kidding, I bet his insides were twisting faster than mine. This had to be the most awkward moment of my entire life.

It took every ounce of my strength to stop my inner animal from taking over, but I couldn't stop myself from growling.

They all looked at me curiously, and I pretended like I was clearing my throat.

''Wow she's beautiful.'' Jess shook her hand and Mr Garner just nodded.

"Nice to meet you both." She had the softest voice any woman could ever ask for. And she was English.

I didn't even know what to say, I just kept a slight smile on my face.

They walked off with Julia chuckling as he wrapped his arms around her.

There was only one way out of this, bunking class!