Episode 13| Cyberspace

Sophia's P.O.V.

Nicolas made an inhuman noise, thrashing his body in what I assumed was out of excitement. I scooted back, afraid that his arm would go sailing for my face. We were seated on the floor, lounging on throw pillows and a blanket of mine.

All right. So, it was Brooklyn's blanket and throw pillows. Sue me.

I gave Nicolas a minute to take a breather, because he scared me whenever shifted into his 'boy crazy' phase. I had told him about my visit at Bryce's apartment, retelling the talk I had with Bryce in the hallway.

My dorm's door opened. Lora appeared at the mouth of the room, lugging her bag full of books. "What's dying?"

"My ear drums," I grumbled, rubbing the side of my face. "Nicolas is being a weirdo again for the second time this week."

His excitement ebbed away as he gathered himself, sighing slow breaths and running a hand over his coarse hair . "I'm fine. I'm cool. I'm a-okay."

"What was the cause of that screaming?" Lora giggled and strolled into the room, setting her book bag on her bed. It was noon on a Wednesday. She didn't have classes today so she might've been at the library. "I heard it four doors down."

"You should tell her. Please, tell her." Nicolas pleaded.

I exhaled, getting off of the floor and on to the single chair we had. "He's blowing it out of proportion. It's not that big of a deal."

"It is a big deal. Tell her." Nicolas pressed on. "Okay fine. I'll tell her. Bryce invited her to a party and she straight-up dissed him."

"I did not." I rolled my eyes. "I said I wasn't going to go."

"Nu-uh. You said that when he asked you what you were doing for the weekend, you replied by saying that you weren't doing him." Nicolas rectified. "Doesn't matter how you serve it, that's a diss."

"See." I said. "It's not that big of a deal."

Lora's popped open. "It is! He basically asked you out."

"No, no. He asked me what I was doing for Sunday." I corrected her. "That's totally different. If he had asked me out, then he would've bluntly said so."

"He did ask you out." Nicolas injected. "He asked you to go to that party so he could be alone with you. He didn't invite you so he could play beer-pong with you. Be logical for once, Sophia."

I fell back in my seat, bringing a hand up to my temple. "You guys are giving me a headache. Bryce had time to make a move when I visited him. He didn't do anything when we were alone."

"Wasn't Kelsey and her boyfriend there?" Nicolas inquired. "No one wants to get it on with an audience downstairs."

Our dorm's door opened for a second time. Brooklyn hooked her jacket on our coat hanger and kicked off her shoes to her side of the room. "Hey guys. What are you talking about?"

"You're back early," Nicolas chimed. "We're not talking about anything in particular."

"I thought we were freaking out about Bryce?" Lora questioned. Nicolas and I exchanged looks with her, murmuring for her to stop. "What am I not supposed to talk about the party at—"

Nicolas grunted. "Ohmigod, shut up, Lora. This  is why we never include you in stuff. You talk too damn much."

Brooklyn plopped on to her single-bed. "Ooh, there's a party? Why can't we talk about that? I want to know about it."

"We're not going," Nicolas stated. "It's going to be a total drag. No one important is going to be there. Just a bunch of bozos and weirdos."

"Total drag," I emphasized, hoping she'd get the hint. The thought of Brooklyn and Kelsey in the same building for an extensive amount of time sounded like trouble. "I'm not gonna go."