Episode 70| Do for Love

songs for the final chapter:

Hold Me Down by Daniel Caesar 
Drugs You Should Try by Travis Scott
Excuse Me by A$AP Rocky
i can't breathe by Bea Miller
BREAKFAST by BROCKHAMPTON
C.R.E.A.M. by Wu-Tang Clan
Pretty Little Birds by SZA (ft. Isaiah Rashad )
Do For Love by Tupac
(this is the song above)

(These songs can also be found in the 'Tethered Hearts playlist' on Spotify).

*unedited*

Sophia's P.O.V.

"I'm not doing it for you, Sophia." Nicolas refused, walking away from me and out in to the front lawn. "I'm not going to ask Julio for the directions. You do it."

"You were always closer friends with him."

"Yeah, that was before he was a drug dealer." Nicolas countered, rolling his eyes. "I don't want to get mixed in with this shady business. Keep me out of it. You asked me to drive you to your dad's house and that's what I've done. The most I'll do today is be your driver."

"C'mon Nic. He's not that scary." I motioned to the garage. The door was closed, but through the window, I could see Julio occasionally move from either side of the garage. "How about this? You come with me so I'm not in there alone."

"I can do that." Nicolas' guarded stance faltered and he was momentarily disarmed by my suggestion. "Wait, what if he has a gun and threatens us with it?"

"Why on earth would he pull a gun out on us? C'mon, be sensible."

"I can't be sensible when it comes to people who kill for a living."

"They don't kill for a living." I corrected him. "They sell narcotics for a living...which may lead to some killing when things go south. None of them get paid for killing unless they're somehow all hit-men."

"Whatever. You know what I mean." He huffed. "You're doing all the talking when we get in there."

"I know, I know. I will." I promised and took the lead, walking to the garage. I hadn't mustered up a game plan yet. Other than wanting to get the warehouses' address from Julio, I did not know where else I was meant to go with this.

Calling Conner had to be on the list. He said he wanted to help, and knowing him, he could fill the area with Bryce's men.

That was a noisy approach though. Dad would sense us from a mile away if we came in multiple cars with armed men. I had to settle on a quiet retrieval – one that consisted of only a few numbers of people entering the vicinity to get Bryce. Or, going with the less safe bet of rushing in there without being stealthy.

I would map out what I needed to do later. Getting a second opinion from Conner would be better. He knew about dangerous missions – I simply didn't. It wasn't in my area of expertise. Also, the last thing I wanted was to add more obstacles to this than intended to this already high-stake task.

I held my breath, rehearsing what I'd say softly as I pushed the button that would rise the garage's door.

"Oh, hello, Sophia." Julio standing from off the floor. He dusted off his jeans and wiped his hands on the dirty towel on his shoulder. "Is there something I can do for you?"

I shuffled to the side of his car, resting a hand on the hood. "Why would you ask that?"

"Because you never intention want to talk to me. Plus, I don't think I've ever seen Nicolas that nervous before in my life." He chuckled, examining his blackened nails with the tip of the towel, scrubbing them vigorously.