Episode 30| Nothing

(A/N: Please don't forget to vote and comment )

*****

Sophia's P.O.V.

An indescribable desperation rang in Bryce's green eyes, telling me to comply to his wishes. I had more fight left in me, far more. But the tiniest change in his tone, maximizing the urgency woven in his statement, made me stay. He believed my life was in grave danger, for what reason, I didn't know. Holding on to the mere possibility that he was being honest with me, I went with him to his apartment.

I'd win idiot of the year if this was all a scheme to get in my pants.

Bryce unlocked the door and I trailed in after him. "The guest rooms down that way. Walk down this hallway and take a left. I'll be up in my room if you need me. You're welcomed to eat anything inside the fridge if you get hungry."

Staying true promise that he wasn't trying to sleep with me, Bryce ascended the stairs and abandoned me in the living room, not looking back at me once.

"Well, goodnight to you, too, buddy." I whispered bitterly.

I didn't have much of a right to be mad at him for keeping his word. Yet, it would be dishonest of me to say it didn't sting a little as well. Sure, I wasn't a five-foot nine blonde swimsuit model, but I wasn't unappealing either...was I? Bryce raced up there faster than you could say 'not interested' with a mouth full of marbles. 

I peeked at my outfit and examined it, sauntering over to the guest rooms while I did so. My crop-top and high waisted acid-washed dark jeans were cute. The ensemble displayed just enough skin without coming off as risqué. Sadly though, the top wasn't in the daring shade of fuck-me-against-a-wall red.

Bryce went for girls that pushed the envelope. I hadn't seen him eying any of the girls at the party, but if we had stayed longer, I was certain I'd find him wandering towards the sorority girls that weren't afraid to take their sex appeal up a notch.

Heavy foot-falls showering from upstairs amplified into the hallway. Bryce approached me with a bundle of clothing. A maroon Lincoln University sweatshirt twice my size rested on his shoulder and a pair of sweatpants were in his hands. "I don't know if this will fit, but it's worth a try. I figured you wouldn't want to sleep in jeans."

"Thanks." I took the clothes and held them close to my chest. A mist of self-doubt was parted by Bryce as he lowered his hand to my back and ushered us to the guest rooms.

"They're over here." I went to open the first door in the hallway. His hand covered mine "Not that one. That's not a guest room."

I twisted it anyway and found that it was locked from the inside. What was he hiding in there? Watching my intrusive curiosity flow through me like a river, Bryce walked us to the room two doors down.

The room he opens the door to was larger than any bedroom I'd slept in before. It was twice the size of my room at my mom's house and three times bigger than my dorm room.

Powder blue was painted on the walls with white wall panels a quarter above the hardwood floors. Pushed against the right wall, there was a queen size bed with sheets that were the same color as the walls. Everything in the room matched and coexisted in a similar style, only with small accents of white.

"I'm upstairs in the first room to your left if you need anything." Bryce said, clamping down on the golden doorknob. He really was going to leave me here. "Do you need anything?"

"No, I think I'll be fine," I muttered, plastering a faux smile.

Bryce started closing the door. "Okay then. I'll see you in the morning—"