Chapter 13a: Forgiveness

You called for Muffet.

She quickly came over.

You frantically asked her for help, trying not to lose it as you did so. Your eyes burned with desperate tears as you practically blubbered your plea.

Muffet nodded, apparently understanding enough to get a grasp on the situation. She knelt by Vulkin. She offered him a small cup of spider cider. "Drink up, dearie." She instructed, holding the cup to his mouth.

Vulkin weakly sipped at the cider. His wound was healed and he began to breathe easier.

You breathed a sigh of relief, wiping away your tears. You felt a slight sting of embarrassment for acting the way you did, seeing as the solution was so simple.

After a few moments, Vulkin managed to get to his feet. "Th-Thank you, Miss Muffet..." He thanked timidly.

The three of you heard a groan.

Cat man slowly regained consciousness, weakly looking around.

Muffet, eyes now solely on her prisoner, silently rose to her feet. She walked toward cat man, one set of hands on her hips, one set of arms crossed in front of her, and the other set calmly resting at her sides.

You shot a nervous glance at Vulkin before quickly following Muffet.

Cat man turned his attention toward the footsteps, his face going pale. He stared at Muffet with eyes filled with horror, visibly beginning to shake.

Muffet stopped a couple of paces from him. You stopped behind her.

No one said a word, the tension so thick it was almost hard to breathe.

You took a shaky breath, slowly stepping between Muffet and cat man.

Muffet shifted her gaze to you, her face softening.

Cat man looked at you nervously.

You exhaled slowly. You began to explain the entire ordeal as calmly and in as much detail as you could manage. About the original attack, how you had had no idea it had even taken place. About how you had gone in search of answers. 

As you explained, Vulkin sheepishly approached.

Muffet shot a rather harsh glare at him.

You quickly tried to defend Vulkin, saying she should not be upset just yet.

Muffet relaxed her glare, turning her attention back to you.

You continued to explain, telling her about how cat man had attacked and kidnapped you. You explained how he had threatened Vulkin to lie to anyone who asked about what had happened...or else.

Muffet shot a look to kill at cat man.

You were surprised he could get paler. He really had lost all insanity within him. Now he looked like a cornered mouse on the verge of death from exhaustion alone.

You kept going, finally getting to the bottom of everything. As carefully but honestly as possible, you explained cat man's true motive...His feelings for Muffet.

Muffet's eyes widened a tad with surprise. She glanced at cat man in disbelief.

You then told her about what had just gone down, the fight and how cat man had practically lost his mind. You tried to make it known that a lot of his actions seemed to be those of something else, not the monster she had tied up.

Through the whole story, cat man did not dare to breathe a word. He was completely paralyzed with fear. Even as you finished he remained silent.

Muffet had relaxed as you explained, seeming less cold toward the monsters involved. Well, Vulkin at least. She sighed, walking over to cat man.

Cat man whimpered, still pale and shaking.

With swift and precise chops of her hands, Muffet reduced cat man's prison to mere threads.

Cat man landed with a loud thud, staring up at Muffet with the most horrified expression you had ever seen.

"Thank you for your business." Muffet said, her voice cold and dismissive.

Cat man scrambled to his feet, running quicker than you had ever seen him move. He was gone before you could do anything to protest.

Muffet turned to Vulkin, whom whimpered. She leaned down, offering him a donut. She smiled sweetly at him. "On the house, dearie~"

Vulkin was shocked. After a few moments, he thanked Muffet, eating the donut.

Muffet turned back to you. Her expression shifted to one of sadness.

You felt a sting in your chest.

"(y/n)..." She began. She shook her head slowly. "There is no excuse for the way I treated you..."

The words felt like a knife through the heart. You tripped all over yourself, trying to stutter a reassurance to her. You did not blame her at all, not for anything.

Muffet's expression did not change.

The look of guilt on her face was almost too much for you to bear. You begged her not to blame herself, trying to convince her that her reaction was completely understandable given the circumstances.

She shook her head again. "I should have had more faith in you." She said. "You gave me every reason to trust you...And I still turned on you the very moment there was a hint of doubt."

You shook your head, trying again to reassure her.

"Because of me, you were almost-"

She stopped.

You had cut her off with a tight hug. You could not bear to look at her sad face, you could not bear to hear her blame herself...You could not bear seeing Muffet in pain.

You felt her arms slowly wrap around you, all six of them. They hugged you tightly back.

Neither of you said another word, as if any sort of sound would rip the two of you apart forever.

This moment...Fills you with determination.

Worry not, the alternate path (Chapter 13b: Forgiveness) should be up soon!
Sorry for making you all wait for so long ;-;
School is a pain. 

I HOPE to finish this story before the end of 2016. I hope you all are as excited for the ending as I am!