11- growing family

I do not claim to own any of the rights or the characters from the Bleach series as this story is completely my own idea.  Please be sure to leave me your comments and reviews to tell me what you think.  Thanks and enjoy the story!

Key notes:  “regular human speech”, 'thinking to one self ', (author's notes), *mental/telepathic communication*, Bold - attacks

Chapter Eleven – growing family

Once the three of them got to Ichigo's room.  Ichigo went into his closet digging out some spare clothes and several toys for both Kuro and Shiro.

“Feel free to help yourselves guys.” Ichigo told them.  Both Shiro and Kuro did as the orange haired teen had suggested as Ichigo had changed into a pair of blue jeans and a white tee shirit that read “Love Rock” as it had a picture of a heart and a guitar.  Shiro put on a pair of dark grey pants and a light blue-gray tee shirt with black trims on its collar and sleeves.  Kuro had put on a pair of black jeans pants and a purple tee shirt that read “Disturbed” (a name of a rock band).  Both had picked out the stuffed animals that they were going to put their mod souls in.  Shiro had picked out a small white bear as Kuro had picked out a small black fox.  Both toys were the same size as Kon who sat on Ichigo's bed.  “Kon it will be your duty to teach these guys the rules around here.  Urahara said that they are mod souls much like you but their personalities are different.” stated Ichigo.

“You can count on me Ichigo.” replied Kon as both Shiro and Kuro placed the mod soul pills into the stuffed toys.  Within minutes the toys came alive looking at the three Ichigo's and Kon.

“Are you the ones who need us?” asked the bear.

“Actually you belong to me.  You will be known as Kontan but we will call you K-tan for short.” replied Shiro.

“Which means that I must belong to you.” stated the fox as he pointed at Kuro.

“Indeed you do Konpaku but we will call you Paku for short since Ichigo already has Kon.” replied Kuro.

“Hey.......alll of our names mean Soul in Japanese.  Ichigo is it all right that we have all the same name?” asked Kon a bit upset having to share his name.

“Stop complaining Kon.  But Shiro and Kuro changed their names slightly so they are a bit different from your own even though they all mean the same thing.” replied Ichigo.

“Just kind of think of them as your younger brothers Kon.  So now you won't be so lonely.” stated Shiro.

“Speaking of family...........yours is still waiting for us Ichigo.” stated Kuro as the three of them left the room.

“Remember Kon, your in charge.” stated Ichigo before he had left the room.

Both Yuzu and Karin awaited in the living room as Isshin had told them that Ichigo had something important to tell them.  Their usually goofy father looked serious.  The two girls weren't used to seeing their father like this.  Ichigo entered the living room first without either Kuro and/or Shiro.  Ichigo knew that his whole entire family was spiritually aware as both Karin and Isshin were aware that Ichigo was a Soul Reaper.  Ichigo took a deep breath letting it out slowly.

“As no doubt you three are aware, I am a Soul Reaper but I am only a substitute as I use my powers and skills to fight Hollows and to send spirits to the Soul Society, think of it as the after life.  But lately, I have been feeling off as I felt like I was being pulled into three different directions.  Then something happened which caused me to become separated into three.” stated Ichigo as both Kuro and Shiro took this as their cue to enter the room.  Everyone was shocked and amazed when they saw three different forms all to the likeness of Ichigo.  Ichigo proceeded to explain things as he had introduced his other halves and what to call the for the time being.  Isshin found it hard to believe that a being could have this much power to have Ichigo become three people.  “So until we can figure out how to become whole again, if we can become whole again these two will be staying with us.” stated Ichigo.

“So instead of one big brother, now I have three.  If you guys need anything don't hesitate to ask.” stated Yuzu as a smile stretched across her face before she got up to leave that way she could start dinner.

*She seems to be taking this all well.* stated Shiro mentally.

“Since you don't know how long this will last, I suggest that you guys move down to the basement since I highly doubt that you three can truly fit all in one room.” stated Isshin as he got up.  “But Ichigo, if it is discovered that you can't become whole again, I will begin work at once to make alterations to the house that way both Shiro and Kuro can truly become members of our family.”  Isshin's attitude was totally professional as even the ex-soul reaper knew that there were times where he had to be serious.  Both Kuro and Shiro found it odd that Isshin would be willing to make them members of the Kurosaki family but then again it made perfect sense since they were a part of Ichigo.

“Thanks dad.” stated Ichigo as he watched his father leave the room.  Karin was staring at Shiro the entire time as the hollow began to feel uncomfortable.

“What is it Karin?  Do I have something on my face?” asked Shiro as he took off the sunglasses from his face revealing his golden and black eyes.

*Calm down Shiro.  Remember Karin has been attacked several times by Hollows.* stated Ichigo.

“Your a hollow aren't you Shiro?” asked Karin.

“I am not going to deny that.” replied Shiro.

“You look like and feel like a hollow.  But there's something is different about you.” stated Karin as she continued at Shiro.  Shiro only stared back at the girl.

“Maybe its because I used to be a part of Ichigo.” replied Shiro.

“No its more than that.  I can't quite place it but you don't feel as sinister as those other hollows.  I feel like I could actually trust you with my life.” answered Karin as she got up to leave  After everyone was gone Shiro simply turned towards Ichigo.

“That was strange.” stated Shiro.

'And to think that things will only get weirder.' Ichigo thought to himself.