Chapter 49

Two days after, the attack had stopped

              Two days after, the attack had stopped. Everything around the attack was mysterious and Salim tried to keep it that way. Both Jellal and Ruh understood that, soon Salim got a messenger hawk and had to leave.

          Ruh had her brother's corpse embalmed and she herself went with it to Ajabgarh. Ruh's heart tugged in guilt as she presented the corpse of their son; the people who had taken her as their own. But as it was of good hearted people, they never held it out against her. They believed somewhere they had led their son astray.

         As she managed two beautiful children, she understood her adoptive mother's heart more and more. And so her respect for her grew too.

         ***

     In Agra as soon as Ruh had left. Jellal soon found that she had left with all  her belongings. For him; she had just left a letter with a small square box. The letter just contained four words.

                    Here is my proof.

     Inside the box was a single anklet, a golden ankles studded with rubies, shaped like roses.

          "Prepare my horses! I need to go!" He ordered, but his vizier stopped him. He thought that the emperor should stay in the capital and look after state affairs, for now.

         Jellal regretted not believing her the time she told him the truth. He also came to know about Anika. But the truth itself was so bizzare that he could not help himself believe it. Slowly, the days he spent alone, he began seeing similarities in both of them. He had half expected Nadiya to be the same sixteen year old girl he had fallen in love with. What he didn't comprehend was like he had changed, like he wasn't the same seventeen year old prince too, she too had changed.

         During the six months he stayed in Agra, he concentrated on nothing but the betterment of his empire. Not by way but by peace. Salim had greatly helped him out too. He was driven by a force, he didn't know why, he was father of two daughters now and he wanted them to feel secure at Agra when they'd return.

          As days turned to nights, there were signs of development in his kingdom. He decided it was the right time to bring his family back to Agra. When he visited Ajabgarh, he didn't take a hundred elephants with him or a large parade. It was just him and his few trusted guards.

         When he entered her chambers she had been casually playing with the babies, pampering them in cooing voices. Had not one baby made a loud exciting snarkle seeing him, she wouldn't've looked in his direction. But she did, her obsidian eyes widened, then she kept staring at him like he was an illusion that'd fade if she looked away.

She blinked twice and stood up, "You came." It was a statement laced with happiness.

       "A lot late. I'd like to apologise for that." He smiled crossing over the room to her.

        He looked into her inky dark eyes, they were like the sky on a moonless night. Dark yet twinkling with stars. The same eyes he saw when a decade ago she fell and her veil slipped. He found it amusing how he hadn't identified her with her eyes. He reached her pale face and lightly touched it.

        Apart from her eyes the only thing that had not changed was their heart. His naive seventeen year old heart still beat for her. He swooped down to place a chaste kiss on her lips. It was a comfortable kiss, not rushed, yet not boring. It still elicited the same sparks. He broke apart and rested his forehead on hers.

               "Till death do us apart." He whispered.

         ***

   That night Jellal lay on the bed watching the two tiny children on the bed. He couldn't take his eyes away from him. The bed dipped as Ruh sat on the other side,

             "Have you decided what you'll name them?" He asked Ruh caressing a baby's head.

              "Why, ofcourse! That was all I had to think about when you were in Agra. " She caressed the cheek of the elder child, she was chubby with pink cheeks and had brown wisps of hair on her head. "I'm going to name her Razia."

        Jellal frowned, "After the first woman ruler of Dilli?"

       "Yes. She withstood very hard circumstances in the cave and yet survived. I want her to grow just as bravely in the future."

        Jellal gave an grunt of approval. She moved over to caress the other baby's head, she was less pale and had wisps of black hair on her head.

           "I'm going to name her Ruia. Because she has two mothers; Ruh and Nadiya." She said softly. Jellal agreed it was indeed a good name.

         He still couldn't believe how lucky he had been that life had brought them together.

THE END.

A/N: If you guys are curious Till Hate is about Razia and Till Destiny is about Ruia.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!!!