Epilogue

Epilogue

"Shehzaade Zahir! Shehzaade Zahir! Please, your majesty, you cannot do that!" A soldier screamed while running behind a young teenager. The teenaged had a mass of black hair and a crooked smile, just like the emperor.

"Why not? Father Emperor did it! Woohoo!" He only ran faster.

But as they ran faster, another figure joined him, he wore the same clothes and almost looked like the prince. They ran at different directions leaving the guards in disarray. After following a zig zag path they met at the same balcony. The marble balcony which over looked the pool.

They both jumped in leaving a plethora of gasps behind them. The prince's personal guard fainted to the ground, 'His majesty is going to kill me;' were his last words.

Out came a big splash and two heads emerged from the water giggling and laughing. They swam to the marble parapet.

"I won little brother! Come on! Pay up!" A feminine voice left one of them. Hearing that her personal maid wrapped her like a cocoon in a large towel to prevent the gaze of onlookers. She inturn sprung her hands free and removed the soppy mass of black hair on her head, her luscious brown strands tumbling down her to her shoulders.

"Not fair Razia dee! We jumped at the same time!" Zahir argued with his older sister.

"Ohh! Ohh do you think you have grown?little Zahir! Arguing with your dee and all! Pay up little one or you know..." She banged her fists.

"What is going on here?"

They both stiffened at the voice of the emperor. The emperor walked in, each and every person bowing down to him until he waved his hand. He looked at the Razia in boy's clothes and he shook his head.

"Don't tell me, you were running around disguised as a man. Again!" He narrowed his eyes again.

"Okay paapa, I won't tell." She grinned like little child.

"What?!"

"Oh you know, you can't win with Razia by words." It was Empress Ruh that spoke this time. She had aged gracefully, only a few strands of white peaking but her youthful beauty seemed to never fade.

"Razia dear, you are a woman now. You can't childishly roam around like this, look at your sister Ruia. She is graceful everyday." Empress Ruh pointed to Ruia.

Razia and Zahir looked at Ruia. She was drenched in water and so seemed her book. It seemed she was splashed when they jumped up. She bowed to the Empress and gave a cold glare to Razia and Zahir. They both shuddered. Ruia was always quiet and cold like the Himalayas.

"I'm just sixteen, Mama. Let me enjoy, after a while, I won't be here and will be at an another man's house. I will have to leave by their rules..." She dipped her voice in fake sadness. She knew her parents were afraid that she'd have to leave someday.

"Enough! You are not getting married until you cross twenty!" Emperor Jellal announced in an authoritative tone. "I'm curious though, who won this time?" He asked them both.

"Razia!" Zahir muttered.

"Ofcourse! My daughter is the most talented!" He laughed happily. "Pay up dear!" He turned to Ruh.

"Not fair Razia! You should let Zahir win sometime too." She sighed faking sadness. But they laughed again. Faraway, Ruia looked at them longingly knowing she never fit with them.

***