5.

RECAP:

 We arrived, got a room and the doctor came in. He started to examine my ankle, while I was in pain and concluded that I had a......  

.

.

.

Kayla POV:

Fractured ankle.  Just great. I had to have a cast for about 6 weeks and was going to be on crutches.

The doctor came back and asked me what colour cast I wanted.  Without missing a heartbeat, I told him I wanted a purple cast.  I would've wanted black, but nobody would've been able to write on it.  The playoffs for basketball were in about 3 months, and with the cast, that didn't leave me much time to practice.  I just don't want to bring my team down. 

  Demi was looking over at me suspiciously.  And all I could think about was that she was staring at my fat.  She had all these curves and everything.  Yet here I was.  I was nothing compared to her.  She was this famous popstar who is known nationwide, and I'm just a 15-year-old girl who has won a few basketball trophies.

   After a while, the doctor came back in and put on the cast.  I was in pain the whole time he was placing it on.  He told me to come back in 6 weeks to get it taken off, and also gave me a pair of crutches.  I was already clumsy enough.  I would be even clumsier with these crutches.

  I carefully made my way to the car, on crutches and buckled up my seatbelt.  This was going to be a long ride.  Demi started to ask me questions about my basketball team and how we were doing.  But all I could think about was the report card that was going to be placed in our mailbox when we got home.  My school sends them out when we're still at school so that our parents see them before us.  Just great. 

  Even if I get straight A's and everybody's "happy" for me, people will tease me at school for being smart.  Obviously, Maddie doesn't realize this because she's too busy being caught up with the popular crowd, but even some of her so called friends, shove me to the ground.  But anytime they bully me, I am reminded that if I tell someone they will beat me up even more.

  It's pretty easy to cover up the bruises with concealer and foundation.  If anybody notices, I usually tell them I got hit in the face with a basketball.  The bullies tell me I'm fat, and once I didn't eat for 3 days straight.  Yes, I purge.  But that's our secret.  If anybody found, I would be shipped off to Timberline Knolls. 

A/N:

NEXT UPDATE:

200 READS AND 30 VOTES.

REMEMBER TO VOTE:)

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

Remember you're beautiful just the way you are.  

Stay strong. xx

xxJ