16.

Kayla POV:

Last night while in the midst of dreaming I heard a ping. It was December and she had decided that she wanted to meet up with me. I trusted her, or so I thought. It was done with. I was meeting up with her for lunch on Saturday. That was going to be nerve-wracking, but right now the only thing on my mind was the fact that I wanted to be known. I was going to phone up David Desrosiers from Simple Plan, and get my name announced to the media, that I wrote the song and came up with the melody to I'm Just A Kid, and Welcome To My Life. It was going to be my time to shine.

I wasn't going to hide in the background anymore, I was going to be in the spotlight for the first time in my life. I had no idea what my family would say but life is about taking risks and I was ready to take the risk. I phoned David up and told him about my situation. He quickly obliged and told me that was the deal made anyway, and he was happy about me taking a leap into the spotlight. The rest of the boys were also there, and they all told me their publicist would have it done overnight and by tomorrow everyone would be talking about me for once.

My anxiety levels were rising as it was getting hours and hours closer to midnight. It was noon, yet I was already starting to get jitterish. I don't know what my family would think of me after this. Will they be mad at me for not telling them? Will they ban me from talking to Simple Plan? Ugh. I just needed to conquer this fear, and get over with this. I've been dreaming of this day since I gave the song away. And it was all going down, today.

I was being called down for lunch by my mom. I went down to be surprised by the news that we were going to be having a family game night. It was a tradition in this household, and way before it started we all had to vote on the game we wanted to play. I was always a contender for Scrabble because I always knew the biggest words. Or Monopoly, because I loved buying the most houses and making everyone bankrupt. Either way, I still loved every other board game in between as well.

I voted on Monopoly as to did Demi, whereas Maddie and Dallas voted on Scrabble. Mom and Dad were the tie-breakers, and as this was going, it seemed like we were going to be playing my favourites. Mom and Dad both picked Scrabble, claiming these days we were on our electronics too much, and we never brushed up on our vocabulary. Too bad for those suckers. They were going down. I used to read dictionaries. I knew what I was doing in Scrabble. Those tiles were going to be played with.

I quickly ate lunch not counting the calories, too excited to realize how much I was eating. After I finished, I heard Dallas telling Mom that she and Demi were going to Target to get junk food for tonight. I jumped in and told Dallas and Demi that Mads and I would go too. It felt good to jump and walk without crutches. I got my cast off last week, and the playoffs were coming up soon. I was going back to the court on Monday, and Coach Jennings was more than happy. We got into the car and made our way to Target. We got in, and Dallas and Demi went to the ice cream section while Mads and I went to the chips and candy aisles.

A/N:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm keeping my promise and updating once a week on either Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays so look out for the new chapters.

Stalk Me:

Twitter: @suggxballinger

Instagram: @suggthemonkey

xxJ