18.

Kayla POV:
"Don't interrupt me. Let me explain first.
About two years ago, I wrote a song and sold it to Simple Plan. Besides the money, there was a deal on the line. If I ever wanted to have my name publicly announced for writing and composing the music, it would happen overnight. I'm actually very close friends with the guys. So I phoned them up, and they simply replied saying it would be on the news tonight." I told my family.
"Do you know how much drama this will cause? You'll have the paparazzi following you everywhere!" Demi screamed.
"I just wanted to be known. I don't want to live in the shadow of all of you for the rest of my life. I don't want to be known as 'Demi Lovato's younger sister', or 'Maddie Delagarza's older sister', even 'Dallas Lovato's younger sister'! I just want to be Kayla Lovato! Maybe I want to be in the spotlight for once. Ever think about me?" I screamed louder, and ran up to my room, slammed the door and locked it. Just to be safe, I moved a cupboard and placed it in front of the door. How stupid was I to think that this plan would actually work?

Demi POV:
"What was she thinking?", I yelled so loud my voice went hoarse.
" Well, you did let Maddie go into the spotlight," Dallas replied calmly.
"That's different!" I screamed.
"Oh yea, tell me what's so different." Dallas challenged.
"She's Kayla!"
"She's even older that Maddie for goodness sake!"
"But she's still a baby in my heart"
"So is this what this is all about? Not being ready to let her go?"
"Maybe?" I replied childishly, just like when you were in big trouble and you knew it.
"Go apologize to your sister immediately Demetria!" My mother demanded.

Kayla POV:
I needed to get out of this place for a night.
Just somewhere I could think, and be free.
I left a note, stating that I would be back tomorrow, and jumped out of my window into the backyard.
I knew Fifth Harmony lived close by, and we were pretty good friends so I ran to their place.
I knocked on their door and waiting anxiously as I stood on their doorstep. I could feel the panic rising, second by second. I had tear tracks on my face and my eyes were red and puffy. I hear someone come to the door. It was Lauren and Camila. They brought me in for a hug and invited me inside. The rest of the girls were inside, and so was Simon. They sat me down and made me explain to them why I was here and why I was crying. Once I finished the story, Simon told me that I shouldn't have made myself public so soon, while I was so young, but understood where I was coming from. The rest of the girls agreed entirely with me. When I asked them if I could stay for the night, the immediate question was whether anyone in my family knew.
"So, does anyone know you're here? "Ally asked.
" Uhm, here might be a slight chance I slammed my door, locked it, placed a small cupboard in front of it, placed a small note on my desk stating I would be back later, and then jumped out the window and came here". I told them rushing through the sentences.
"You can stay", the girls chorused.
But Simon told me he would phone Demi, when he got home, and tell her that I would be staying with the girls tonight, so at least she knew I was safe.
"Let's play truth or dare!" Dinah shouted.
"I'll order the pizza" Camila shouted back
Surprisingly, I had been getting better with eating food. My friends had been supporting me and I just ignored the bullies. I still had rough days but who didn't?
"Kayla, are you ready to play the best game of truth or dare you'll ever play?" Normani asked smirking, breaking me out of my thoughts.
Maybe this would be a good night after all.
A/N:
I thought this chapter wouldn't be going up this week.
But here it is.
Spring break is in a week, so if you're lucky you might get an extra update.
If your new, I post new chapters once a week on either Friday's, Saturday's, or Sunday's.
Stalk Me:
Twitter: @suggxballinger
Instagram: @suggthemonkey
Stay strong, and remember you're beautiful just the way you are.
xxJ