↣ Chapter 5

I wake up feeling a hand on my forehead, I let out a grunt and slap it away as sleep still clouds over me.

"She's awake." I hear my mom's familiar soothing voice, I shake my head and feel like sleeping for longer but then another voice speaks up making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Finally." He says making my wolf yearn for his touch, for the warmth
he brings my body and the relaxation. How far away is he? He sounded distant.

I open my eyes to the white ceiling of the academy, I notice the chandelier and instantly know I'm in the main common room.

I blink quickly trying to wake myself up, I slowly sit up and hold my head whilst I do. I shake my head and look around, allowing my eyes to readjust from my sleep.

Sitting on the edge of the sofa where I am sat is my Mom and my Father stands close by. On the sofa opposite is James, Mickey and Victoria.

Jesse sits on the single chair next to James holding his hand tightly. I smile at my best friend, they are just so cute.

A cough echoes around the room and everybody turns to the person standing in the entrance arch. I gulp at the sight of Jayden standing there, topless with dishevelled wet hair.

His scent is so strong making my wolf pure in delight, I glance at his dangerously low hanging joggers and growl mentally. Nobody but me should see him like this.

Stop it. I mentally scold myself. I don't have a mate.

I feel a chill on the my legs so I look down and realise I'm wearing a t-shirt I've never even seen before. May I point out I'm only in a t-shirt and underwear.

"It's his top." Mikey says with annoyance lacing his voice as he nods to Jayden who is staring at me with an emotionless expression.

"What happened?" I ask as I set half naked in front of my family and friends. I pull at the bottom of the t-shirt nervously while waiting for an answer.

"You ran out on the ball." My mom says grilling my hand "Jayden followed you. We don't know what happened but he brought you back here. You were soaking wet, cold and past out."

"Oh." I whisper rubbing my temples to try and rid myself of the headache forming in my head.

"Jesse and I put you under the hot shower," Victoria says giving me a smile "then we tried changing you but your mate wouldn't let you wear anything other than his clothes. The joggers didn't fit you so..."

"How are you feeling?" James asks looking at me with worry evident in his face.

"Physically or Mentally." I reply standing up and looking around the room. Jayden is still standing in the same place but now his eyes are fixed on James angrily.

I watch him and notice his fists clench and his jaw tightening as he watched James watching me.

I let out a long sigh that grabs his attention straight away, I swear he got whiplash from how hard his head turned.

I give him a short smile and he comes straight over to me. His arms fasten around my waist like a seatbelt as he sit down next to me before actually pulling me onto his lap.